The GTPACO/FIA 24 Hours of Le Mans - June 11-12 - CANNED, see you next year.

• Thread starter MitchZ06
  • 75 comments
Ok. I will be running the Corvette ZR1 RM. No sense in having to learn a new car for one race.

EDIT: Changed my mind, I'd actually like the Audi R8 Playstation Team Oreca '05.

Last edited:
Mitch, I have a suggestion, what if you ran 8, 3 hour races.
So collectively, that's 24 hours.
The winner would be decided by whoever completes the most laps in the end!

Hmm maybe not, I've had another brainwave idea.

The Audis last year ran 397 laps over the course of the 24 hours so for a half length race of 12 hours we'd need to run 190-200 laps. The limit online is 200 laps so this is entirely doable.

MitchZ06
Hmm maybe not, I've had another brainwave idea.

The Audis last year ran 397 laps over the course of the 24 hours so for a half length race of 12 hours we'd need to run 190-200 laps. The limit online is 200 laps so this is entirely doable.

Ah yes, but the driving is split by three drivers.
So ~130 laps, broken down into hour long "stints" (similar to what they do IRL) is ~6 20 lap sessions... 💡

The length may kill me (2 hours tops is most I may be able to do) but I'll go as a LMP reserve in a ORECA 908 if you don't mind.

Hiya, I might join if there are any spots open, and if I had the car I want. Put me down as a maybe. I'm trying to get that car. The BMW McLaren F1, GTE you said? i'll be in there.

(By the way, you beat me to it! I was gonig to make one of these. Only it was going to be like 6 hours.)

So is this going to be 4 hours or 12 hours? I might be interested in running LMP.

Also: I've been in the works of starting a thread for a Nürburgring 12h which will happen towards the end of June (to go along with the real 24h).

Thread is not up yet, but I'm working on pulling it together. I need to finish the graphics and get everything layed out.

12 Hours is the plan now.
Elite, yeah the McLaren can compete aslong as its 500hp/1250kg.

Awesome... now to get one...

12 hours is going to be great! just need to see if I cn take it that long from other family members...

Would be up for this if it is the week after. I'll be in France that weekend. Not to watch Le Mans unfortunately.

MitchZ06
12 Hours is the plan now.

Twelve hours is quite a lot, although I definitely like the idea of the challenge!

By the way, how do you plan on doing qualifying and will you hold practice sessions in the weeks/days leading up to the event?

If the race is on the saturday, then I wont be in it. Its my b-day that day. If its sunday, then I can do it. Switching cars too btw. BMW M3 GTR in GTE. No sense in learning another car.

Qualifying will be held before the race, I'll open the room an hour beforehand.
Practice, well thats up to the participants really however I will hold some sessions in the weeks leading up to the race.
I want to hold it during the actual race and share the same dates, just seems cool that way :P

The BMW McLaren isn't on the list anymore. so does that mean I can't drive it? I'm a little confused becuase posts later you give lists of cars below 650 PP. So...?

Alright a bunch of things have changed since the original posting.
Yes you can run the McLaren, set to 500hp/1250kg. Since I've gone with just GT2(E) for my online series instead of GT1 and GT2 the car lists have changed to just the one with the previous GT2 cars. I will allow some GT1s in restricted form to participate however.

Anymore questions guys?

Just bumping this up, a bit over a month to go till raceday.
I'm hoping to hold a Le Mans Test Day once PSN is back up to get a feel for how everyone will be going.

The BMW McLaren has appeared in my UCD, I just need a little money to get it. Can't wait! I remember blasting around Le sarthe in this thing for hours in GT PSP.

Oh yeah I know I'm signed up for LMP. Just wanted to say specifically the Bentley Speed 8.

Gotcha :)

I see the regs for the GTE class. Are LMPs going by the 700PP limit like the LMES? Also for time length it can be tricky. I agree that around 190 laps should be around 12 hours but you have to take rain into account also.

Yeah 700PP like LMES.
I'm working on another idea atm thanks to hawkeye122 which will allow it to be a timed race without worrying about laps or rain.

Sign me up in a C60 Hybride. Altough, could we start it in the second hour so we see the early action? Sounds fun. If my friend comes too then we will do driver change

Yes I'm 3 Million credits short for buying the McLaren! Any suggestions?

I might get my brother to do a driver switch with me.

Back