The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,083 comments
Has anyone managed to win this yet, and if so, in what car and with what strategy?

My best so far is 2nd in the Corvette, with a RH 1 stop.

The winner was the M6 '16 with 30 laps 1:00:56, and I was 12 seconds back. I suppose that's only 0.4 seconds per lap, which is definitely achievable by simply getting better at driving it. I tried the RX-Vision GT3 Concept before the Corvette, but I'd say the Corvette was a little bit better.

Nobody on my friends list has won it yet.
No not yet I keep being knocked of

I got gold on this yesterday in the Viper Gr.3 doing a 2-stop on Mediums, pitting on the first opportunity after the 20 and 40 minute marks. I also did very mild shortshifting, shifting immediately as the bar filled rather than revving to the limiter. This ended up being more important than I realised as the refuelling speed in this race is incredibly slow and even with that I was marginally worse than some AI for fuel.

In my race the BMW M6 seemed to be the bar for the 2-stop pace and the Renault RS01 the bar for the 1-stop pace. The M6 was rapid and very tough to keep pace with, but the usual AI flaws do let it down. In spite of the immense speed it has in clean air, it is horrendous at dealing with traffic and backmarkers. If you can navigate them quickly they will really help you keep up with the M6 or gain distance from it even if you can't go toe-to-toe with it in a 1v1.

That said, you do need to have reasonable and consistent pace. I finished about 10s ahead of P2 IIRC doing 1:58-2:00s.
I find the way the AI deals with backmarkers very disappointing. You drive on the limit the whole race just to find out you won only because they pit more than they need to or stay behind a backmarker for no good reason.

These races would be so much better if they had qualifying and the AI was consistent and not dumb. They don’t even need to be smart. Just not dumb.

Last edited:
Did this race twice.
First with corvette, went with a rh start and 1 stop at around half the race. Finished 1st at about 9sec infront of nr 2. Did many mostly low 1:58's to high 1:57's. But managed a 1:57.1 as fastest lap.

Switched to the rcz and started with medium.
Was first in about 2 laps, got a lead to 15sec then made 1st stop, got back in 5th. Managed to get first relatively easy and went with medium again.
And then a 2nd stop again medium and not a full fuel tank. Finished around 50sec infront nr2.
Did fastest of 1:56.2 and managed many high 1:56 to low 1:57. Its a really fun race and really bummed that you can only get payout first time....

Owh and btw the rcz is really on rails. Only thing is that it sometimes wants to trow the ass out when braking hard. But mostly its planted AF!!

Tried this with 4 different cars, the 4th being the Vette where I made it past the first few laps. I quit before getting 2nd and being 15 seconds back, one stop on RH tires (I did replace the tires). Here's the thing with this race. PD can't have it both ways, you can't put a BoP on us and expect us to come up to win with traffic, etc. It's better to let us pick the car we want and win, vs. this imbalanced BoP where we'll just pick OP cars anyway; negating the BoP in the first place. Very frustrating, I guess I'll try the RCZ Gr.3 next.

Jerome

Tried this with 4 different cars, the 4th being the Vette where I made it past the first few laps. I quit before getting 2nd and being 15 seconds back, one stop on RH tires (I did replace the tires). Here's the thing with this race. PD can't have it both ways, you can't put a BoP on us and expect us to come up to win with traffic, etc. It's better to let us pick the car we want and win, vs. this imbalanced BoP where we'll just pick OP cars anyway; negating the BoP in the first place. Very frustrating, I guess I'll try the RCZ Gr.3 next.

Jerome
Good luck even with the RCZ its extremely hard to win just did it for the 6th time and the best I got was 3rd 7 seconds behind the leader

Just finished this in the Supra GT500, quite a challenge on the one-stopper as the guys on RMs are ridiculously quick. I was in the 1:58/1:59 laptimes consistently with one 8 second costing spin and won by like 3 seconds.
Good challenge, more of this please, PD :cheers:

Good luck even with the RCZ its extremely hard to win just did it for the 6th time and the best I got was 3rd 7 seconds behind the leader

I got it my first attempt in the RCZ. Yay?

Jerome

I got it my first attempt in the RCZ. Yay?

Jerome
Yeah got it my first time with the corvette and wasnt easy but doable, but 2nd time with the rcz i was first in 2nd lap and won with 50 sec advantage over 2nd.
The rcz is absolutely on rails. Did a racing medium start and 2 stops on medium. And got a 1:56.2 fastest lap.

Last edited:
I never liked this track in gts but now I’m loving it.

Did a few laps yesterday on RM with the RCZ. My fastest lap was a 1.59 in the first 5 laps of the race. I probably don’t have the pace to win this one just yet but the race looks to be a lot of fun.

PD really nailed it with these races.

Viper with one stop was a good choice for me!
did 2 tries with the McLaren but needed too much fuel saving for one stop. ended up second with no chance to win.
With the Viper you have to switch gears early anyway because of the powerband. And with that the fuel is perfect for a one stop strategy with RH.
did 1,59s on average, so no nothing magic at all.

mp7
Viper with one stop was a good choice for me!
did 2 tries with the McLaren but needed too much fuel saving for one stop. ended up second with no chance to win.
With the Viper you have to switch gears early anyway because of the powerband. And with that the fuel is perfect for a one stop strategy with RH.
did 1,59s on average, so no nothing magic at all.
Were you on fuel setting 1 that whole time with just short shifting?

finally did it after trying some cars. even with 2 ai costing me 15 sec with blocking and bumping me off the track 2 times.
rcz fuel mode 3 whole race (pit lap 17 fuel for 13) and full race on one set of hards. 59+00s are enough, my best was a 58,8.

didnt want to do the viper short shifting as im just playing with controller and automatic right now

Last edited:
Just had a go using the RCZ, used medium for all stints pitting at end of laps 10 and 20. Managed to win by a couple of seconds the only issue was the AI's driving, had to get my elbows out and muscle past in the first couple of laps to avoid losing too much time. This was on normal difficulty.

Just finished this in the Supra GT500, quite a challenge on the one-stopper as the guys on RMs are ridiculously quick. I was in the 1:58/1:59 laptimes consistently with one 8 second costing spin and won by like 3 seconds.
Good challenge, more of this please, PD :cheers:
One or two stops?
Fuel setting ?

Were you on fuel setting 1 that whole time with just short shifting?
Yes. Just shifting around 60% of the rev band. Maybe 6500rpm or so. Have a look at the powerband to find the right spot. Higher gears also help out of corners to avoid spinning out

Hey all, I just ran a strat that I haven't seen anyone else bring up. So, starting from the first lap, all the way to the end, I drove like ****. Multiple visits to the sand, abysmal tire/fuel management, and consistently poor lines, I did it all. Shockingly, this strategy wasn't enough to secure gold. Hope that helps anyone else considering this approach.

Need to do at least 1.59 per lap in average to win I think.
Yes, I was just working this out, and based on the winning time, how far behind you start, and the pit stop time loss, I reckoned you need to average 1:59.5 (if you're one stopping). At the moment, I'm just not fast enough, my fastest lap was 1:59.0, but you can lose quite a lot due to the AI, so in reality it feels like you need to be able to lap more like 1:58 to make up for the inevitable time losses when AIs smash into you. I don't think I'll try any more, as each time you try and fail it's an hour of driving for zero credits. I quite like the races, but it would be better if they were individual races like the 3 that pay out decent credits, so you could at least get a reasonable return each time you have a go.

Last edited:
Did this last night and won it. Ended up deciding to try out the mega-meta-OP Frenchman: RCZ. Didn't own it yet but figured if I bought it and won it would pay for itself. Car is slow in a straight but it's very stable throughout the corners. I almost bought the Alfa as I did the CE beforehand and really liked how it handled; probably great on tires and gas too.

Strat was a one stopper on RH tires and basically no fuel savings. Was in P3 after a couple of laps and fighting off the BMW and Supra as the Merc and Honda were driving off. Eventually they all pit about 20 mins in and I took the lead. The Mazda RX was bringing the pressure until my pit stop right at the 30 min mark. Was doing some minor fuel savings at that point because I was nervous I wouldn't make it; pitted with 4% left. Refuel, new RH tires, and off we go.

Came out in like P8 but started picking off the AI pretty quick with the new tires. Sat in P3 for a while, now the Renault was leading. Eventually the Merc pitted again and I was like 20 seconds behind the Renault. Didn't think anything of it because the Renault hadn't pitted yet.

Well, turned out that guy never pitted! With about 12 mins left I started catching him like crazy. A couple second per lap. Either it was rubberbanding or he was major fuel saving (I want to believe the latte as it's more realistic). Passed him a few laps later and started driving off building about a 3 second lead over teh next couple of laps. Was feeling confident, but not too much so as the Merc was right on the tail of the Renault. If the Merc got passed the Renault I was very worried it would catch and pass me easy.

Thankfully the Merc and Renault were fighting with each other. Took a couple of laps but the Merc did pass the Renault, and with about 30 seconds left on the clock as I passed the start/finish line to start the final lap, the Merc pitted! WTH?! So dumb, but maybe he was running on fumes? Renault took back 2nd and I won by about 5 seconds in the end. I am convinced that Renault never pit as it started behind me, ended up 20 seconds ahead after I pit, didn't pit after me, and ended up P2 by ~5 seconds.

That was fun but I am glad it's over haha.

After the leaders pit; this RX was being a mosquito in my ear!

e78d455ff11046e3c26820b4713d8125_photo.webp

That flying grass though!

d46110319ee2dbee24b09f73754d2e3c_photo.webp

Pass for the win. The Merc was lurking in teh background and what I was most concerned with.

b190356adc3ea2bd7d3ad7c0a5365ad3_photo.webp

Done and done

e37c6d8bee98ff12fe0e1ab00502d969_photo.webp

ETA - FL was by the NSX at 1:57.1xx. Gold in the CE is 1:58.500. Granted, he was probably on RMs but I couldn't touch that on the RH.

Last edited:
Did this last night and won it. Ended up deciding to try out the mega-meta-OP Frenchman: RCZ. Didn't own it yet but figured if I bought it and won it would pay for itself. Car is slow in a straight but it's very stable throughout the corners. I almost bought the Alfa as I did the CE beforehand and really liked how it handled; probably great on tires and gas too.

Strat was a one stopper on RH tires and basically no fuel savings. Was in P3 after a couple of laps and fighting off the BMW and Supra as the Merc and Honda were driving off. Eventually they all pit about 20 mins in and I took the lead. The Mazda RX was bringing the pressure until my pit stop right at the 30 min mark. Was doing some minor fuel savings at that point because I was nervous I wouldn't make it; pitted with 4% left. Refuel, new RH tires, and off we go.

Came out in like P8 but started picking off the AI pretty quick with the new tires. Sat in P3 for a while, now the Renault was leading. Eventually the Merc pitted again and I was like 20 seconds behind the Renault. Didn't think anything of it because the Renault hadn't pitted yet.

Well, turned out that guy never pitted! With about 12 mins left I started catching him like crazy. A couple second per lap. Either it was rubberbanding or he was major fuel saving (I want to believe the latte as it's more realistic). Passed him a few laps later and started driving off building about a 3 second lead over teh next couple of laps. Was feeling confident, but not too much so as the Merc was right on the tail of the Renault. If the Merc got passed the Renault I was very worried it would catch and pass me easy.

Thankfully the Merc and Renault were fighting with each other. Took a couple of laps but the Merc did pass the Renault, and with about 30 seconds left on the clock as I passed the start/finish line to start the final lap, the Merc pitted! WTH?! So dumb, but maybe he was running on fumes? Renault took back 2nd and I won by about 5 seconds in the end. I am convinced that Renault never pit as it started behind me, ended up 20 seconds ahead after I pit, didn't pit after me, and ended up P2 by ~5 seconds.

Pass for the win. The Merc was lurking in teh background and what I was most concerned with.

Done and done

ETA - FL was by the NSX at 1:57.1xx. Gold in the CE is 1:58.500. Granted, he was probably on RMs but I couldn't touch that on the RH.
How fast were your average Times?

How fast were your average Times?
Most were in the 1:59s creeping up a bit into the 2:00s once the tires started wearing. I think my FL was in the low 1:58s but most were in the 59s.

It was my first time driving the RCZ so maybe this is normal, but it was struggling on the straights. The AI would gain on me pretty handily on the straights, a few tenths or so. But it was very good and very stable though the corners. No TC and never had an "Oh ****" moment with it.

Problem that I encounter is Rubilar AI (M6) that goes laps in 1.56-1.57 no matter what... in first lap it overtakes all other AI (and it is pretty aggressive, bumping other cars off track) and then it is goodbye... Tried everything, not sure if something was changed with 1.12, but seems he is always on top... Honestly not sure I wanna waste more time into this...

Also tried with AI on Easy, and Normal to no avail... not sure what am I doing wrong here lol

Last edited:
The M6 slows down quite a lot in the closing stages of the race, in the last two laps he got held up by traffic so I was able to close the 4 seconds gap I had and when the race finished I was 10 seconds clear of him.

Done and done

I'm beginning to wonder if the AI will fluctuate the fuel savings from 4-6 during these races lol, how anyone could do that race without pitting is baffling. 🤣

Has anyone managed to win this yet, and if so, in what car and with what strategy?

My best so far is 2nd in the Corvette, with a RH 1 stop.

The winner was the M6 '16 with 30 laps 1:00:56, and I was 12 seconds back. I suppose that's only 0.4 seconds per lap, which is definitely achievable by simply getting better at driving it. I tried the RX-Vision GT3 Concept before the Corvette, but I'd say the Corvette was a little bit better.

Nobody on my friends list has won it yet.
No I haven’t won’t it either

Back