The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,059 comments
Is it possible to win this race on AT? I’ve been trying for months to win this race but I can’t haul in Rubilar, even after I’ve led the field, because his pit stops are so much shorter than mine. I can’t seem to find the right mix of speed, tyre wear and fuel usage that would get me over the line.
I have done it with the amg gt 20', with AT. The beginning is the most important. Try to block rubilar in the trafic can help too 😉

Is it possible to win this race on AT? I’ve been trying for months to win this race but I can’t haul in Rubilar, even after I’ve led the field, because his pit stops are so much shorter than mine. I can’t seem to find the right mix of speed, tyre wear and fuel usage that would get me over the line.
I managed it on AT with the 911, but that was many updates/BoP revisions ago. Did require some last lap shenanigans to maintain the lead (channeled my inner 90s Schumacher).

I finally managed to win this. Used the McLaren.
1000011525.png

Most laps were in the 1:57s or 58s. Fastest was 1:56.8
Did 11 laps then 10. Chased down Rubilar and got him with 3 to go.

Mercedes-AMG GT3’
IMG_8925.jpeg

Tcs 0 (last laps 25-30 tcs 1)
Automatic Transmission
ABS weak
Time laps 1:57 - 1:58
ASM ON
Counter Steering high
2 pit stops 10/10/10

I'm not sure what to look for in that. In that race I planted Rubular into a wall but got knocked off the track in the esses just before the back straight. I usually cut Big Banky Boy down past the curb.
I was in the RX-Vision Stealth. I took it to the Spa 1 hour on hard right after and won, but realized I don't like that car. It undesteers...bad.

Trying to beat this one using all the possible tricks. I don’t know why it’s so much harder than anything else in the game, while I usually get gold quite easily, now it equals to bronze. I use controller and AT (but can also switch to MT if absolutely necessary and be faster). What is the easiest difficulty setting? Should put ASM/counter steering on? (I always have all disabled, except ABS, TCS 0-1).

Trying to beat this one using all the possible tricks. I don’t know why it’s so much harder than anything else in the game, while I usually get gold quite easily, now it equals to bronze. I use controller and AT (but can also switch to MT if absolutely necessary and be faster). What is the easiest difficulty setting? Should put ASM/counter steering on? (I always have all disabled, except ABS, TCS 0-1).
Play on manual...short shifting is key for riree preservation.

You just need to drive fast imo. 158 or less per lap

So back when this was released I had major issues with it, I had about 7 attempts then gave up after coming 2nd a few times and the AI being predictable but not…. Like The BMW is mega fast but if it gets stuck in traffic at all it just becomes a missile for the rest of the race and ignores all braking points :)

I returned back to GT7 a few months back now and I actually think the handling of some cars has improved significantly since an update, so I thought I would give this another shot.

After 3-4 2nd places using YouTube strats I just though ‘**** it’ and picked the RSR, mediums and 2 stopper on 10/20 with mix 1, it was my last attempt of the day, mainly experimenting tbh but to my surprise I took the lead on lap 4 and never lost it, winning by 10 secs in the end (driving miss daisy on laps 29 and 30), my fastest was a 1:57.9 and I averaged 1:59:8 outside of pitting.

Totally shocked me how easy it was….

Last edited:
Managed to win yesterday by 11 seconds with my default settings.
Normal difficulty (didn't seem to matter), Mercedes-AMG '20.
Controller, AT. So it's definitely possible. I'm not bad driver, but also not the best. Was surprised by the gains in just a few runs.
AMG got faster lap times than some other cars I tried.
A bit restless at first compared to some cars (MR), but once I got the hang of it, TCS 0 whole race was easy and fast.

I struggled in this race a few times but honestly in the Porsche with Med/Med/Med and at 10 laps each and fuel mix 1 I won pretty easily. On low fuel I did eventually manage to get my lap times down to 1:57 at the fastest but usually 1:58-59.

I forgot how tough this race was. My second account only has Lake Maggiore and Tsukuba left to complete for the Human Comedy races and I'm testing out all the different Gr.3 cars on the primary account before I commit to a manufacturer with the second account. So far my testing is showing the '20 AMG Gr.3 car to be best for me, but I'm only able to squeek out 1:58's and 1:59's in it. I can get into second place by lap 2 or 3 but can't close that 4-5 second gap on P1. I haven't done a full race just yet but have tested until about 5 laps in. Fuel seems fine with the Merc, but tire wear is pretty bad. Tire wear is bad on all the cars I've tested, though, so I'm not too concerned.

I forgot how tough this race was. My second account only has Lake Maggiore and Tsukuba left to complete for the Human Comedy races and I'm testing out all the different Gr.3 cars on the primary account before I commit to a manufacturer with the second account. So far my testing is showing the '20 AMG Gr.3 car to be best for me, but I'm only able to squeek out 1:58's and 1:59's in it. I can get into second place by lap 2 or 3 but can't close that 4-5 second gap on P1. I haven't done a full race just yet but have tested until about 5 laps in. Fuel seems fine with the Merc, but tire wear is pretty bad. Tire wear is bad on all the cars I've tested, though, so I'm not too concerned.
Just because you mentioned it I did it twice again.
Compared to when I did it last (1.40? 1.41? dunno) it seems tirewear has increased overall, but evened out between all cars.
The AI at least did one extra pit I have never seen before, making the race much easier than I remember.
1709145281370.png
1709145302890.png

At the same time I was under the impression that lap times with fresh tyres are fastet while on the now early worn tyres the average is slower in total.

Just tried it for the first time myself, got the win with an 18 second cushion in the RSR and using the 10/10/10 RM strategy, fastest lap was nothing special, a 57.2 I think. I found it a little tough to hang with the Supra during the first stint but it dropped off hugely in the second so don't be put off by those first 5 laps.

Yep, fresh tyres are definitly faster than before
1709314605273.png

Now I just need to keep that pace ...

Edit: and yep - this was very pleasent to drive.
The Aston Martin was quite good even on worn tyres.
1709318643977.png

Though I cant keep up with those top 10 drivers on the leaderboads 😅

Last edited:
This race is just stupid. Managed to maintain 1:57 lap time and still lose. I just think that the most important thing in this race is the time you spend on the pit and not racing is just absurd. And the AI cars have glue on the tires. And not speeking that you have to be lucky with which AI you “get”.I’m not going to lose any more time with this. It’s not worth

Last edited:
This race is just stupid. Managed to maintain 1:57 lap time and still lose. I just think that the most important thing in this race is the time you spend on the pit and not racing is just absurd. And the AI cars have glue on the tires. I’m not going to lose any more time with this. It’s not worth
I really like this race, for one because it lasts 1h, and also because I like the flow of the track.
If you think pitting is the solution, then try with the Mazda RX Vision on hard tyres.
Otherwise just a bit of practice and you win this race after 5 laps and then simply stay in the lead.

This race is just stupid. Managed to maintain 1:57 lap time and still lose. I just think that the most important thing in this race is the time you spend on the pit and not racing is just absurd. And the AI cars have glue on the tires. And not speeking that you have to be lucky with which AI you “get”.I’m not going to lose any more time with this. It’s not worth
I can always gain on the AI through the first few sectors then the last one they somehow take back all the time I gained on them. They definitely have glue on their tires through the last turn on to the straight. My car would drift wide or spin out if I tried going as fast as they do through that turn.

There are some races that are definitely the luck of the draw regarding the AI, like the SF Fuji race for example, but this race is one of the most consistent that I know of. I can run this race time after time after time and always come out to within a few seconds of a win of about ten seconds (in hard mode). This is my favourite race because it's long, requires total focus and consistency without any mistakes, and you know that the AI races without any shenanigans ...which seems to be the exact opposite of what you are saying. Unless the game has changed in the last week or two, or unless I've got the wrong thread here, I think you just need more practice.

There are some races that are definitely the luck of the draw regarding the AI, like the SF Fuji race for example, but this race is one of the most consistent that I know of. I can run this race time after time after time and always come out to within a few seconds of a win of about ten seconds (in hard mode). This is my favourite race because it's long, requires total focus and consistency without any mistakes, and you know that the AI races without any shenanigans ...which seems to be the exact opposite of what you are saying. Unless the game has changed in the last week or two, or unless I've got the wrong thread here, I think you just need more practice.
No. I’m with controller, doing 1:57 per lap, and still lose by 5/10 secounds. Difficulty doesn’t matter in this race, tried all three. I’ve tested a couple of things with the AI and there’s something fishy on this race.
But I don’t care. Already got platinum on the game, not gonna waste any more time on this.

No. I’m with controller, doing 1:57 per lap, and still lose by 5/10 secounds. Difficulty doesn’t matter in this race, tried all three. I’ve tested a couple of things with the AI and there’s something fishy on this race.
But I don’t care. Already got platinum on the game, not gonna waste any more time on this.
Can you share your race replay through the Showcase? It'd be interesting to see what you're doing because I'm crap and have little issue doing a two-stopper in the RX-Vision (as noted throughout this thread).

Difficulty definitely does matter, for reference. Although shouldn't.

Seemed ok to me!

If you don't care then that's great, you can move on! But if you do secretly care, have another crack. RMs, 2 stops (end of lap 10 and 20), consistent 1.57s, should be fine.

Seemed ok to me!

If you don't care then that's great, you can move on! But if you do secretly care, have another crack. RMs, 2 stops (end of lap 10 and 20), consistent 1.57s, should be fine.
No. I’ve been running controller, AT, RM, 2 stops (10 and 20), been consistent and nothing. AI is just sketchy, especially the BMW. Keeps going off track but manages to always get into the first 3(it has some kind of catch up mechanic, tested this a lot), and having a lot of fuel before going to pit.
It kinda reminds me off the over tack with the GTR on Moby Dick missions. It was a gamble with the AI and I’m not gonna be gambling 1 hour on one mission for nothing, when I can use that hour to earn 1710000 credits.

No. I’ve been running controller, AT, RM, 2 stops (10 and 20), been consistent and nothing. AI is just sketchy, especially the BMW. Keeps going off track but manages to always get into the first 3(it has some kind of catch up mechanic, tested this a lot), and having a lot of fuel before going to pit.
It kinda reminds me off the over tack with the GTR on Moby Dick missions. It was a gamble with the AI and I’m not gonna be gambling 1 hour on one mission for nothing, when I can use that hour to earn 1710000 credits.
I don't know what to tell you other than that it worked out just fine for me. Ergo, it's perfectly possible to win with that strategy and lap time. Unless your own personal copy of the game is somehow infected with irrational AI disease, but this seems unlikely imo...

I don't know what to tell you other than that it worked out just fine for me. Ergo, it's perfectly possible to win with that strategy and lap time. Unless your own personal copy of the game is somehow infected with irrational AI disease, but this seems unlikely imo...
Seriously? Sarcasm? You think sarcasm gonna help. Good for you

Seriously? Sarcasm? You think sarcasm gonna help. Good for you
Well what are you hoping for? You say you don't care, so are you asking for help or not? If you want help, the answer is: try again, you have enough speed to win. If you don't want help, why are you here? To complain? The answer is the same: you have enough speed to win.

Last edited:
Back