Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,533 comments
Well...actually no I havn't been driving the X-Bow. I had been watching some of Suellio's videos on youtube, and one of the thing he said got me thinking. "If your car feels like it is on rail, you are under driving it. If you maximize the traction for all 4 wheels, your car should feel 'floaty'."

I decided to do some practice at Nurburgring with a E30 M3 with SH tires (didn't try with the X-Bow becaue I still can't dance with it yet).....and I managed to shave FOUR SECONDS off of my fastest lap with the E30 (8:05.205). Now I just need to figure out how to dance with the X-Bow.

Sorry I went off topic a bit 🫣

You Crazy Guy you. Ha, Ha, Ha.

Managed to get a good couple of sessions in today and put 180 miles on the KTM. Didn’t make progress in the morning session but really started to find a rhythm this afternoon. Snagged a 25.012 and almost called it quits but there was a lot of consistency, with many laps in the low 25’s which normally means there’s more time on the table.

And so it was… this lap was a PB in the first two sectors and managed to only drop half a tenth in the final sector. Pretty sure this is my limit and hopefully this will keep me in the top 250. :cheers:
1713144787246.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, I got every single tune-up modification in the tuning shop and I got a new record, 1'28.330! So, I just need to push a little more to enter silver territory. It is very doable using an AT. I watched a couple really good replays which gave me a clear idea now of what to do and what value of speed I need to be at during each turn and corner.

Now, off to Suzuka for some more action and hot lapping!
Hi Chris, I hope you know that it doesn't matter what you slap on there mate, tuning parts and aero doesn't do anything on the timetrials only on tuning events.
(In some case bigger rims will have negative effects tho but that a different story)
so you did it all by yourself 🤪

Well...actually no I havn't been driving the X-Bow. I had been watching some of Suellio's videos on youtube, and one of the thing he said got me thinking. "If your car feels like it is on rail, you are under driving it. If you maximize the traction for all 4 wheels, your car should feel 'floaty'."

I decided to do some practice at Nurburgring in a E30 M3 with SH tires (didn't try with the X-Bow becaue I still can't dance with it yet).....and I managed to shave FOUR SECONDS off of my fastest lap with the E30 (down to 8:05.205). Now I just need to figure out how to dance with the X-Bow.

Sorry I went off topic a bit 🫣

That's fire mate, and man that Nordschleife must be awesome to drive in VR!
Like we said before, I do this stuff not enough, we have somany cars that actually drive so good and most of them are in the lower HP range if you ask me, that e30 is so balanced! Love it!
I totally get why you are doing this, it's just enjoying the game 😁🙏

For the Xbow.... just don't bother, you already know how to dance with it with that low 7, but it's fine, just leave it as it is.... it's fine mate, we understand 😁🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Have you guys been using CSA for the KTM? I find it really helps..
Yes, I usually set CSA "ON" for the firsts laps and as soon I control the car, I try to deconnect it to see if I can still keep my lines: sometimes yes, sometimes no.
Speaking about the X-Bow, yes CSA is efficient and really helps. And I use it too.

Once again, no shame for using assists because it might help to have a better control on the car.
And getting silver or gold with assists gives the same silver or gold without.

@Evilmuffin : the sound of the M3...

Typh Barrow Goosebump GIF by The Voice Belgique

Last edited:
no unfortunately for you you won't be able to !!!
View attachment 1346615
🤣🤣🤣
It is forbidden to copy it !!! @Gomario JSP filed a patent for this chicane 🤣🤣🤣 and then his sponsor Marlboro is not very nice !!!!
The great thing about patents is: they're usually either so specific it's easy to get around them, or they're so generic they can't be enforced... 🤪

Last edited:
Put a banker lap of 1:25.279 in with the X-BOW which put me 565th currently. Seems like a fun combination although the track limits in sector 1 could be a bit better. Not a huge fan of having to drive with only 2 wheels on the track and the rest of the car on the grass, but I guess I will have to get used to it. Didn't take me too long to get that lap which is generally a good sign for me.

Then I turned my attention to the Mclaren and Suzuka. What a devil of a combination this was. I put maybe 400km+ into this as I really wanted that sub 39 time. It took maybe 200km to get my first time improvement, down to a 1:39.100, then another small improvement down to 39.070. Another 100km went by before, on my final lap of Sunday night, having done 2 laps in a row and running out of KERS/DRS and patience, I put in a 1:38.953 placing me 478th. There maybe another tenth in the lap for me, but I'm happy to say I've got the most out of myself here. This car is extremely difficult to drive on controller, especially Sector 1 where every corner comes at you so quickly with no time to reset before the next and with a car as uncooperative as this, it quickly became straining on my hands. My biggest time losses seem to be Sector 1 and the exit of Spoon curve which I've never been good at. Also managed to refine my line through 130R to include less time out of DRS, quicker tap of the brakes and not fully coming off the accelerator. Doing this was leading to a bit of a slide on the exit but overall was a tenth or so quicker than before.

18ee02cfd7834-5860CCEE9BB8289971F.63A216EF17404752_message_438555342146533_1713106805259.jpg

Last edited:
Did some driving on Road Atlanta during weekend. Nearly into gold, still a lot of room for improvement, and by watching some of replays here I got some more tips to use tonight. Still can't force myself to cut through kerbs and grass in s1 and I still manage to spin myself on 4th gear on the exit of chicane :) But I'm sure I'll manage to get the gold here
c1.jpg
c2.jpg

Really admire your perseverance. 👍

Didn't even spend 30min on that 💩combo and had enough. Wanted to try again but couldn't get myself to do it. But I regret nothing 😂
It really is a bad combo for me (probably a lot of others, too). In most TT, I'm typically just lapping over and over without restarts. But with the battery drain and the 130R Roulette invalidating your next lap, it's hard to get into a flow here.

I've only spent two sessions with the McLaren, I can't comprehend the physics why 130R is that car's Achilles Heel. The car should be able to take it flat out, but alas, you cannot.

Almost like PD hit you with the Blue Shell. :lol:

I struggled to even get gold in the first place :lol: :lol:
i'm at .328 and i'm hoping it just is enough, cause i don't think i would return even if it reaches silver....

We just pray...... :lol::lol::lol:
The Monza VGT a while ago was more difficult and closer for me but this I've felt similar right up until I nailed a lap. Crazy how these are. You are so damn fast 99 percent of the time and I'm pretty Fair for sure. Never know what one will give us fits!

Last edited:
It really is a bad combo for me (probably a lot of others, too). In most TT, I'm typically just lapping over and over without restarts. But with the battery drain and the 130R Roulette invalidating your next lap, it's hard to get into a flow here.

I've only spent two sessions with the McLaren, I can't comprehend the physics why 130R is that car's Achilles Heel. The car should be able to take it flat out, but alas, you cannot.

Almost like PD hit you with the Blue Shell. :lol:
Using @Dan_Tes method in 130R of downshifting to 5 and back up to 6 mid corner while full throttle made it less spinny.

Using @Dan_Tes method in 130R of downshifting to 5 and back up to 6 mid corner while full throttle made it less spinny.
I had a hard time that way so I leave it in 6th and just lift to a third or half throttle and hold that through the corner and as soon as you cross the dip in the corner that causes the spin normally, nail the throttle. I'm not @Dan_Tes fast though so his method is probably much better. 😂😂😂

I had a hard time that way so I leave it in 6th and just lift to a third or half throttle and hold that through the corner and as soon as you cross the dip in the corner that causes the spin normally, nail the throttle. I'm not @Dan_Tes fast though so his method is probably much better. 😂😂😂
Thank you so much. It is these little pieces of information that are invaluable. For some reason (probably not being very smart :)), I have difficulty diagnosing little dips in the track, thereby causing myself an infinite amount of grief. I was never aware of the dip in 130R. My default thought for undiagnosed spins is camber change of the track (too much time at Fuji and Tokyo?). An example of the little dip is Turn 1 at Bathurst. I was never aware of it until someone mentioned it. It turned the usual mess into a nothing-burger. Knowing about the dip in 130R is probably too late to help me with the current TT, but hopefully it is remembered going forward.

Thank you so much. It is these little pieces of information that are invaluable. For some reason (probably not being very smart :)), I have difficulty diagnosing little dips in the track, thereby causing myself an infinite amount of grief. I was never aware of the dip in 130R. My default thought for undiagnosed spins is camber change of the track (too much time at Fuji and Tokyo?). An example of the little dip is Turn 1 at Bathurst. I was never aware of it until someone mentioned it. It turned the usual mess into a nothing-burger. Knowing about the dip in 130R is probably too late to help me with the current TT, but hopefully it is remembered going forward.
I just assume it's a dip. I'm going far too fast to tell but it acts like every other dip at an apex in this game so I approach it that way. It helped me. My first sessions I was able to beat Hencsei's ghost through 130R but somewhere I lost that ability. 😂😂😂

After what I've learn yesterday from Suellio's video. I want to see if I can make the X-Bow dance this morning. Since this was more like a practice session, I decided to run without ghost.

Result was not bad I guess....while I wasn't able to get the car to dance in all the corners consistently, I was able to do it in all the corners (again, just not consistently). Even with that I was still much faster than what I managed previously when running with no ghost. Before I was doing mostly low 1:26s and in this short session, I was able to consistently do low to mid 1:25s....hack...I even did a 1:24.9s once...without a ghost to chase!!! And the most important thing is I actually knew what I did right...and what I did wrong!!!!

I think I will do another practice this evening before I start chasing ghost for beat possible time.

Just look up Suellio Almeida on Youtube. He is a driving coach and also a sim turned real life racing driver.

He also has a course you can buy. If you want to improve your time, and willing to spend some money, it totally works.

PS: no affiliation whatsoever
the big question is, can the dude let it dance with a controller? :lol: :lol:

But seriously Muffin, i am very curious if you are going to manage a step up in sim world,
Would be awesom for you to gain this way, would be bad for me tho..... cause i would never ever catch you.

Go ahead, have lunch with @Dan_Tes then, and leave me behind :lol:

Latest Posts

Back