Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24,914 comments
Interlagos day 1, almost 300 kms:
TT-InterlagosJag-almost.jpg

Oh boy, this one is reluctant to steering=bad for my thumbs.
Harder than anticipated.

Oof. I had a rough final sector. Cut in too early for the second to last turn and completely missed the apex of the final corner. But despite being only 2 tenths away two days in, I don't know if I'll be able to take this thing into the 34's. I am right on @Gomario JSP's tail at the moment. Until he puts in his alien lap tomorrow morning. :P Edit: Forgot to mention you CAN get through the esses without lifting using a controller, but you've got to be VERY precise.
IMG_3104.jpg

IMG_3105.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Morning guys! No Skoda for me, but I’m not surprised that people are enjoying it; I’ve always found some joy in each of the VGT trials so far and this car being one of the least likely to yeat itself into next week is a big plus.

Still in the Shaguar although a strange glitch has stopped me from using my Union Jack adorned abomination, one suspects that pesky Dr Evil may have been involved.. so anyways the green rental was the only choice I had and actually I’m glad; what a beautiful thing to behold.. although I find it weird in VR to see my VR head bouncing around in the rear view mirror (and it’s nice to see out the front windscreen without the obnoxious banner I’d put across it 🤣)

The XJ13s handling is still a bit peculiar and the gearbox sausing necessary in sector 2 spoils the glory of it but it’s still a fun thing to chug around in; top 100 hopefully secured for yet another 👽 award from @half_sourly but I wonder if I can break into the 1:32s before time is up…. Sadly I only have next Wednesday to try but TRY I WILL!!

IMG_6630.jpeg

IMG_6631.jpeg

@Barareklam
Just wait till @Dan_Tes join the game, he will move us all down the leaderboard...
Friend Help GIF by Koji Yamamoto

@Barareklam

Home Alone Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Last edited:
Good morning, @Dan_Tes

Wow, you're real busy like I am. My time has been limited too the past couple years. We recently moved last June. That was tough, it's only me and my mom. I like the XJ13 TT, the car has a smooth feel everytime I take it out for a drive.

Oof. I had a rough final sector. Cut in too early for the second to last turn and completely missed the apex of the final corner. But despite being only 2 tenths away two days in, I don't know if I'll be able to take this thing into the 34's. I am right on @Gomario JSP's tail at the moment. Until he puts in his alien lap tomorrow morning. :P Edit: Forgot to mention you CAN get through the esses without lifting using a controller, but you've got to be VERY precise.

Nice mate!, completly full send thru the S'es is indeed possible but hell to nail consistently 🤣🤣 most of the time I have to lift at the first part to get to the apex, but very satisfying if you get it right!

I was awake late this morning so no stint for me, those 6AM alarms during the week take there toll 🤣🤣

So prob monday morning I'll hunt for that 34 🤣😁

Seriously on fire lately. I used to be able to see his name on my leaderboard, not much these days. 😂😂👾
I’m not gonna lie I’m surprising even myself at the moment, VR is definitely the difference! But just a polite reminder that the real MVP is @Gomario JSP only 1/10th of a second behind me playing on his Nokia 3310

God only knows what he’d be capable of he bought all the gear!

I’m not gonna lie I’m surprising even myself at the moment, VR is definitely the difference! But just a polite reminder that the real MVP is @Gomario JSP only 1/10th of a second behind me playing on his Nokia 3310

It seems to be a thing that really helps especially even one is already an alien. I'll have it but I need to wait. I've spent so much on this game in the last year! 😂 I'm happy to do it because I have some of the most safe and legal fun I could have playing this silly game, but I need to wait. 🥵

Hey hey, we said previous time this topic showed up not to give him ideas. His daughter is moving out soon and her room will be GT7 man cave... God save us all then...

🤣🤣 kind words mate!, the 3310 doesnt do too shabby indeed 🤣🤣
But I'm nowhere your league mate! You have evolved like a alien on steroïds 🤣😁💪
Must be that quadrofiglio 🤔🤣

@Barareklam says the fastest motionsteering man on the planet...
But some day mate, we take over..... and make those basterd descent back to earth..... (yelling to my daughter when she will be moving out ) 🤣🤣,

Still playing catch-up. Ran 2 short stints with the XJ13 today.

The first one was just for me to get accustomed to the combo. Was able to get to just short of gold at 1:36.3 with that one

Then watched @Tidgney 's video to see what I was doing wrong. As usual, I was being too aggressive :lol: He's so right, the key to this TT is patience!

After heeding his advice, I was able to gold with seemingly enough time to spare. I know I can be more patient and lower my time maybe another 0.3-0.5, but not sure if I'll have time to try. Happy to have the gold at this point.

(Strange, I had the wrong screenshot, and now I can't seem to get a screenshot with my time, will try to correct later)

Attachments

• TT_Interlagos_XJ9.jpeg
    TT_Interlagos_XJ9.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sunday morning....woke up at 6:30..... went downstairs to beep the white tower racing ( still can't believe how big the PS5 is compared to the 4 slim....

But had a lot of trouble seeing clearly... must have been the wine and whisky I consumed yesterday with the parents I had over for dinner 🤣🤣 so it took some Lungo's to get me into the focus window 🤣

Goal for me here was getting into the 34's, I still don't like it that much, I had so much more fun with the alpine here....

But we have to work with this, and had set the goal of 34's and then I'm done, I have like 600 cars in the garage that all drive better 🤣

That said, it took me a whole lot of time to get groovy with this batmobile and getting optimums turn into laps is impossible..

But I did managed to get into the 34's.
Altho I clearly missed a lot of apexes.... 🙄🙄
Fastest S2 split of the morning was a 58 flat 😳 and on the PB lap that was 58.200 😭
I think a 34.5 is definitely possible if you see what I missed in this lap 🤣🤣
But that ain't going to happen, I'm done with it 🤣🤣

@Dolph Drago sorry mate you have got work to do 😁🤣 I have lowered the possible sandwich position 🤣🤣

1000019626.jpg

1000019625.jpg

Happy vacuüm blasting folks 🤣

Last edited:
I feel discouraged and want to give up at the W.G. TT. The Skoda is really hard for me to control. I always use a controller, so it would be real hard taming it with a wheel. I'm curious as to what equipment you guys are using in this challenge. I feel like there's a lot of time that I'm losing because I'm afraid I'll run off the road or run smack dab in the wall/barrier.

@half_sourly what do you normally use?

I will say this though, the difficulty is less brutal here than the Suzuka Mclaren TT, that one was 10 times more difficult for me. So, a poll, what methods/strategies are you all using here. Let me know please, if you don't mind sharing, :)

Back