Votes: 31 27.0%
  • V12!

Votes: 40 34.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Jersey
<--- This place
CHALLENGER1ON1
Personally I love the V10. it has a very nice sound and it has just the right amount of power.

Which type of engine is your favorite and why?

Last edited:
V12! Well Aston Martin used to make a racing V12 that had a magnificent tummy tickling quality.Thats why i love them so much

The sound from this V12 reaches into my soul....

V10 because torque. My car is a V8 and I love riding around shifting at 1300 rpm all the way to 6th. V10s can do it even better.

Rotary above all.

Between those 4 I choose the V10, for three reasons.
Carrera GT, Gallardo and LF-A

Hmm, difficult. A good V-8 sounds better than most engines, but V-12s can also sound good and are incredibly smooth. I guess V-12, but V-8s are nice, as are V-10s. To be honest, i think it depends on the engine design as much as the no. of cylinders and layout.

I think that V10s sound really bad for some reason.
You would think that they would have the rumble of a V8 combined with the smoothness of a V12, but that just isin't the case. They sem to LOSE both of those qualities that makes an engine sound good.
A good V12 sounds amazing :drool:, and a straight pipe V8 isin't far behind.
And almost anything is better than a V6. :lol:.
I'm all for rotaries, but most of the modified ones sound like crap.
(And I-4s should be on the list, nothing quite like a 11k Civic.)

Where is the option for an Inline 6? Because my favorite at the moment, V10 close behind because of the LF-A.

Also, should add rotaries before the rotards get angry :P

V10 because torque. My car is a V8 and I love riding around shifting at 1300 rpm all the way to 6th. V10s can do it even better.

Torque has nothing to do with number of cylinders, everything to do with displacement.

Engines? None of the above.

V4.

But seriously, I've always been fond of the off-beat warble you get from most V8s and I3s. More melodious than most 4s, more personality than the smooth 6's and V12s... though the inline six and five are sometimes pretty nice.

Strictly speaking V, I love V10, then V8 (never driven a V12, but they do sound awesome)

All engines considered : I6, I5T are my favorites, followed by rotary and i4 and then comes the V models

I see this has turned into a noise poll (which is fine, BTW). The original premise, in which the OP says they like V10s as they have "just the right amount of power" is a bit flawed. And even taking into account the sound factor, you've got all sorts of other things to think of. For example, I think a Ferrari flat-plane-crank V8 sounds awful below about 6,000 RPM, but then heavenly from there to the redline.

I voted V10 because there was a guy near me who had a Gallardo, and he always gave it the beans down our street. It had the most amazing aural range, it just sounded marvellous.

He's moved away now, the selfish so-and-so.

It was not really an easy vote for me, simple because I appreciate the sounds of just about every different engine configuration :dopey:

Here's my favourites among each of the configurations you've asked, just shows how hard it is to make a decision :crazy:

V6:

V8 (cross plane):

V8 (flat plane), cannot decide between these two:

V10:

V12 (again, cannot decide amongst these four :crazy:):

At the end of the day, I'll give my vote to the V12. I personally prefer the 3 cylinder harmonic of 3/6/12 cylinders, and with the many different possibilities of how a V12 can sound, that gets my vote. (Though that Renault Alpine video proves that you can get a V6 to sound similar :boggled:)

Back