What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,334 comments
Slice it
Slap it on buttery toast
And a beer

Sorry, that’s a terrible way to start a new page, so here’s a burger from a while ago

IMG_3644.jpeg

IMG_3645.jpeg

Burger hell yeah

Last edited:
I hope it's light on the maple flavour as I can't get my head around the concept of sugary sweet luncheon meat.
TB
The maple smell was stronger than the taste.

I'm not sure if you have it over yonder but keep in mind that I'm a fan of McDonalds sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle* so this isn't too far outside my wheelhouse at all.

*speaking of which, I haven't had one is at least a year
We have McD's hotcakes and sausage which comes with a sachet of maple syrup.

We have McD's hotcakes and sausage which comes with a sachet of maple syrup.
We have that, too:

I'm talking about this:

TB
We have that, too:

I'm talking about this:

I know. We don’t have that in the UK.
Wikipedia
The McGriddles sandwich (colloquial singular form McGriddle) is a type of breakfast sandwich sold by the international fast food restaurant chain McDonald's. Introduced in 2003, it is available in the following markets: United States, Canada, Japan, Guatemala, Mexico, Philippines, and Singapore.

Last edited:
Now I want to go to my nearest Mcdonald's and purchase 2 McFlurries and 6 cookies for a midnight dessert thing! Thanks for giving me the idea.

Fixing to eat a chicken wrap filled with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and bacon bits. It's a huge one so it should fill me up.

Toasted Ciabatta with Cottage Cheese and braised Cherry Tomato’s with Garlic. A little black pepper and normally some Basil but we didn’t have any.

Super easy and very tasty.

IMG_0340.jpeg

C3FF6D23-02F8-421D-B021-54C2713D6D48.jpeg

Went for coffee and cakes at a posh cafe today to celebrate my new contract, and I got this delight - a hazelnut and chocolate cookie, and enough calories to count as lunch.

It was kind of ironic though - I was actually dreading it because although it was a lovely gesture and a 'fun' work thing, I do suffer from social anxiety, esp. when 'the boss' is present, when in the company of a very pretty lady, or when I have to eat/drink in public, so this was a trifecta of all of my worst social anxiety triggers, and so I wasn't looking forward to it. I actually wanted to cancel, but couldn't/wouldn't because it would have looked so bad.

Amazingly, when the four of us arrived (at 11 am), the place was so busy that we were turned away for a table. My boss asked me what I wanted to do - go somewhere else nearby, or get takeaway and relocate back to the Uni. The latter option was perfect, as I'm far more comfortable on home turf, plus it meant I didn't need to order a coffee (which I struggle to handle due to aforementioned) and just had some water instead.

In the end it was a really pleasant break, and I unexpectedly made everyone laugh out loud with my story about getting trapped in my boss's hotel room in SF when he fell asleep, so it ended up a very relaxed and enjoyable affair. I really hate having social anxiety - and the fact that the only way to 'cure' it is approx. 2 units of alcohol, which isn't possible alot of the time - and telling people about it (when you are actually out in public I mean) not only doesn't help, but actually makes it even worse.

But, I'm very grateful for that great stroke of luck that meant we had to go somewhere else. If God exists, thanks for listening this morning and I owe you one buddy. :P

I don’t know what that is, but I’d slurp it.
Mostly tofu and green peas in a paneer sauce. There's a market nearby my office called DK Market that caters to the local Asian population with food from the Middle East to Russia to India to Viet Nam to China to Korea. Every time I go in there, I find something new to try.

Made some chicken tacos! Prepped some pico de gallo earlier in the day, and left some chicken to marinate for 4 hours. Just did em up a short while ago, with white corn tortillas, pepper jack cheese, avocado, and sour cream. Washed down with a pint glass of milk.

Debating ice cream, yogurt, or Jello for dessert. I can have any flavor I want, as long as it's strawberry. 😐

I would prefer Jello chocolate pudding. I'm not a fan of strawberries unless they are dipped in heavy cream. Then I would reconsider eating them.

And not a single picture?
Food pics are for instagram and Solid Lifters, RIP.
Sitting on two pounds of bacon.
What to do?
Caramelise that hunk of delicious, slap it in some sort of bread, or chop it into fried rice or pasta.

Maybe just don’t eat it all at once to avoid another hospital visit.

Edit: oh yeah. Many beers because songkran. And some cheesey Cheetos that are actually mega Wotsits.

IMG_9658.jpeg

IMG_9659.jpeg

I won’t post pics of the beer. It’s embarrassing how much a man can drink when in the festive spirit. Let’s just say it’d kill a horse.

Last edited:
Back