What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 509 comments
I am currently struggling to get within even 2 seconds of the top laptime in the Rivals challenge group I'm in.

S Class Sport Luxury division, at homestead (the circuit).... I enjoy driving these things, I'm just slow as đź’©

Finished the retro racers tour in the Capri, that was probably my favourite tour so far, the car was fun as hell to drive, and even though I only managed P5 for the series as the AI was very competitive, I had a blast doing it, I think I might repeat this tour in one of the other cars, which would be a first for me

Continued with V10 Titans on Silverstone, then Spa-Francorchamps, and last Yas Marina.
58c7efdb-7cdd-4170-841a-754d6d0d7d00_copy_1920x1080.png

GT Carrera isn't that user friendly when I look whole event, it's car you have to fight with!
But that doesn't mean that car isn't great, as I mentioned before.
You just have to drive it "with respect".

Then I went into Zonda Roadster and drove it around Mugello in Showcase event.
Well, that is a great car, even with so much power, it's still drivable on default settings...
6ea94554-2292-49fe-a84b-f7504c5227e5_copy_1920x1080.png

Finally, I picked Ginetta G55 and went to Brands Hatch, where I drove couple of laps.
What to say for a car, it's a racing machine with a looot of downforce.
aa66e841-e910-486c-ab2c-f544c4d41bc0_copy_1920x1080.png

And that's it, it was long mid-day session...

Took on the latest Open Series tour, which was the shortest so far, and got the Brabham BT8. That thing has some homicidal cornering tendencies around Brands Hatch.

As boring as the career is, it does help that at least you get to drive on the new tracks in the base game events now
Practical Performance is exactly the same as it was at launch, but Built for Sport replaced rounds 2 and 3 with races at Brands Hatch and Yas Marina South (Which is way too small a track for A-class sports cars)

Finished the Super Saloons Series, made a BMW M4 that likes to kill me
I tried three different permutations for the same setup including 458 engine swap with race tyres, heavily-upgraded stock engine with Sport tyres, and upgraded stock engine with race tyres
Each of them was just as lethal as the last

Last edited:
Had a 70's F1 race at Kyalami. Did poorly but still had a good time. Weird thing though, a guy running in the back left or got kicked, which triggered the end of race timer- after about 6 laps in a 30 lap race. So, we had to line up and run again. Oh well, we carry on.

1713182960411.png

Pic borrowed from a friend.

Ran the first round of the Retro Racers tour in the Capri, enjoyed it, actually. Might even go back with another car. Am looking forward to next week's series in that as well. And knocked of the E class in the open series, again, had a good time there.

Last edited:
Finished the Retro Hatches series, the Hachiroku is an absolute blast to drive especially with the turbo swap (Just gives it a little extra torque in the low-RPM range, otherwise it bogs down horribly if the revs drop below 6500 without camshafts)

Finished the retro racers tour in the Capri, that was probably my favourite tour so far, the car was fun as hell to drive, and even though I only managed P5 for the series as the AI was very competitive, I had a blast doing it, I think I might repeat this tour in one of the other cars, which would be a first for me
I went with the Capri and only managed 5th too. But I find a few of those cars hard work, strangely slow off the line and go from understeering to 'oversteering' when the turbo kicks in! The Capri wouldn't normally be my first pick but been trying to go with British cars for this update.

Tried the E Class tour with a tuned '69 Toyota 2000. For a laugh I decided to try starting Laguna full course from P8 with strict regulations enabled against level 8 AI and to my amazement managed to finish in P1 with no penalties. I felt like a hero and could do this all daaaaaay. 🎶

hero-image.fill.size_1248x702.v1637777407.png

Screenshot_20240416-211208.png

Last edited:
I was driving Rivals at Brands Hatch, both featured and E class.
Lola is great machine, enoyed driving it.

06f27b2d-5613-49b3-939c-068fb5f508f3_copy_1920x1080.png

Bought Capri too, I can say everything as goes for Lola. Drove it at Glen.

e98655ff-5e8f-46a9-862d-5d946c7655b6_copy_1920x1080.png

And legendary Golf:

a8502efa-d2cd-45fc-83b5-62085a6b4e29_copy_1920x1080.png

Last edited:
I finished the D section of the Open tour in first place with the Toyota GT86 (everyone else was driving oldies). The car levelling aspect of the game is dead to me, thankfully.

Last edited:
Started and finished 1st in E Class Series of Open Class tour with Mercedes-Benz 300 SL '54.

71b62379-5c24-4358-aa9e-985bf90d3c38_copy_1920x1080.png

Made some laps with Ford Capri in last hours of Watkins Glen featured Rivals.
Almost beat given Rival, but he was little faster.
Now they are not beginning with slower drivatars like in previous Forzas.

13ad032b-34dd-454f-be77-0eefab0cfed2_copy_1920x1080.png

Last edited:
Speaking of Rivals, I did a last minute lap in the Showcase Rivals (The Capri is just as terrifying as I remember) and did a banker lap for the VIP Rivals (962C also terrifying)
Although I’m probably gonna go back to the VIP event at a later date and try it again when I actually own the car, because I was just using a rental so it was with a stock setup

Took the Matra-Simca around Old Mulsanne and VIR to try and gain some Car Points. It's remarkably stable in stock setup but I gave up and splurged credits on a nice tune.

Then it was time to drive the Lola in the Retro Racers tour. I'm sure the paint job it showed up in on track wasn't the livery I picked though...

84c4c93c-d931-44fe-898d-3d3742e08c28.png

5d100d6a-5079-41a9-8a39-a20e8cf6160e.png

Did the first race at Kyalami in the V10 Titans event.. Again brought back memories of my biking track days, with the traditional late afternoon summer storms.

Luckily, in this case the full storm never came, which I'm very thankful for, being on softs with a very tailhappy STO 🤣

Took the Ferrari 488 GTB out to build up it's point level. I thought I would try to add race tires to it and run it at the Nordscheife but honestly I couldn't tell any difference between the race tires and the sport tires that were already on it.

After that I took it to Road America and instead of doing the quick upgrade I thought I would try adding some parts but still keeping it in S class. Added race suspension and roll bars. Didn't realize in doing that the car now really doesn't like bumps and curbs. Crashed it three times at the Kink, twice on the inner curb and once on the outer ones. After several restarts I finally finished the 8 lap race.

I've got one Ferrari at 50, the 430 Scuderia. This 488 is now at 38 and the 512TR is at 43. Ferrari is the only manufacturer I've got with more than one car that high on points.

Took the Ferrari 488 GTB out to build up it's point level. I thought I would try to add race tires to it and run it at the Nordscheife but honestly I couldn't tell any difference between the race tires and the sport tires that were already on it.

After that I took it to Road America and instead of doing the quick upgrade I thought I would try adding some parts but still keeping it in S class. Added race suspension and roll bars. Didn't realize in doing that the car now really doesn't like bumps and curbs. Crashed it three times at the Kink, twice on the inner curb and once on the outer ones. After several restarts I finally finished the 8 lap race.

I've got one Ferrari at 50, the 430 Scuderia. This 488 is now at 38 and the 512TR is at 43. Ferrari is the only manufacturer I've got with more than one car that high on points.
The stock settings are way too stiff on race-suspensions, needs to be softened way down to actually fit the car. And while on this topic; if a car kind of "overreacts" when it`s hitting the curbs it`s because of this. Stiff springs and it acts like a ball. Softer settings and it will absorb the curbs and bumps like it was ment to.

Generally. if you`re not a skilled tuner but just upgrading by adding parts, go for sports-suspension. Racesuspension are ment to be tuned.

Most pre-tuned racecars has the same problem in FM23, the springs & swaybars are crazy stiff while the bumpers are rather weak.

I'm disliking the Chaparral right now, feels like I'm driving a steamroller... And I don't know what happened, but I was trailing a Lola and in a sudden turn I was out of its airstream, and I distinctly felt like losing all my front-end grip and ended up in the gravel... It would be great (and terrifying) if aerodynamic simulation was a thing on this game too.

I'm disliking the Chaparral right now, feels like I'm driving a steamroller... And I don't know what happened, but I was trailing a Lola and in a sudden turn I was out of its airstream, and I distinctly felt like losing all my front-end grip and ended up in the gravel... It would be great (and terrifying) if aerodynamic simulation was a thing on this game too.
Just did a setup for it, try it! Gave me rather "easy" wins at "unbeatable" GT: fairlane305

Last edited:
Thank you, I downloaded and installed and felt much better. I'm about to race at Road America after placing third at Maple Valley.
Tested it at Barcelona and realised the front rollbar was too stiff, = a Mk2 version uploaded. It spins the rears so easy that I have to keep it in 3rd gear around the hairpins to calm it down

Back