Why 99.9% of all players won´t gold the Nordschleife Circuit Experience!

• Thread starter zocker_16
  • 582 comments
World's record is 6'21, impressive time and close perfect lap i think.
The alien is Rikuto Kobayashi 👏

Last edited:
Yeah It's really unlikely any person can get a full lap of the ring to be as fast as all their best sector times, combined..

That makes sense, but the point remains; it's vastly easier to get a gold lap than to gold the sectors because you generally have to be a lot less perfect. Even the aliens couldn't gold an entire Nur lap with the exact same sector times as they achieved individually.
I think you'd probably find that to be true of most of the circuit experience gold standards. They're based on trials which were done by expert sim drivers. It's far easier for the expert driver to put together a picture perfect (and fast) single sector than it is for the expert driver to put together a picture perfect full lap. Which explains what you said there in your last sentence about the aliens.

Running the Nordschleife really does test my faith in the car. There are so many areas that seem completely blind where you should be at wide open throttle.
I hold bronze on this CE but several golds (if not all of them) on the GP course. I was working with that the other day.

Last edited:
World's record is 6'21, impressive time and close perfect lap i think.
The alien is Rikuto Kobayashi 👏
Dang, I barely got under 7 minutes, there's no way I'd pull that off, did he save a replay. I haven't looked yet.

Eh, I got all golds and a silver on the full lap buy like a half second, and that was the first try. Running Nürburgring, balls out, can be kinda draining at times. Usually, I like to do shorter events to warm up first and stuff. I just dont feel like golding it tbh. One Saturday, when Im off and bored I'll knock it out. Im sure I can get it in a couple of tries.

Ok the thread title is a bit controversial but I´ll explain why I say this.:cheers:

I am an experienced Gran Turismo driver with about 20 years in the series. I was successful in many competitions during this time and made it twice to the GT Academy Final in Silverstone. I´m able to do Top 100 lap times in GT Sport and I did thousands of laps around the Nordschleife.
This is my most favourite track and I would consider my times very good there. I´m always within a range of 4-8 seconds to the world records depending on car and class.
So I went for the Nordschleife Circuit Experience and expected a one try gold. This wasn't the case and it took me several attempts to beat the gold time of 6:37.800 only by a tenth. The same challenge in GT Sport has a gold time of 6.57.900 so over 20 seconds more, while the car physics in GT7 seem to be about 5 seconds slower per lap.
So I did more laps and tried the best I could do and got a 6:34.090. Of course this lap wasn't perfect and there will be aliens doing sub 6:30 but I guess no average player will ever get close to the gold time.
From the result of past events and daily races on the Nordschleife I guess there are only a few thousand players around the world who could beat this gold time. If we assume GT7 will sell several million copies this are less than 0,1% of all players.

How many percents difference between a DS and a steering wheel?

Oh, nice, a Nordschleife thread. I started driving there a few weeks ago. My target was to get under 6:30, missed by only 0.2 secs. Maybe i will try it again these days.
Driving a lot in online lobbies with BoP/GR.3. My record is 6:25.045 :-)

Screenshot_77.png

Back