why is awd 10/90 frowned apon

It's still not proper drifting.
Theres still 10 precent of power which goes to the front wheels which means 4 wheels are still driving.
When in an FR you don't have that advanatage, you only have 2 wheels driving.

I do like drifting 4wd but it's still not proper drifting.

For the people who STILL haven't worked this out, 4WD is NOT drifting. Sliding, yes, oversteer, yes, drifting, no.

See gymkhana thread :)

haha that was funny bigyospeck. however i think its fun to drift awd cars. i wont do it for a competition but for fun it is very enjoyable.

To some, AWD isn't really needed though to some,though it is pure fun.

vs

I believe we do have other threads about it and someone posted a link.

I really don't get this either. I drift in mostly rear wheel drive cars, but yesterday i wanted to give a go at getting the new Subaru WRX sedan '10 drifting. It was a bitch to try to get going and after a fair bit of tuning and adjustments i was finally able to get the thing to drift like my rear wheel drive cars.

When watching replays of it you don't notice any smoke coming from the front and in online rooms I haven't been asked to change either.

The fact you guys say it is 'just wrong' and the fact that you would go as far in an online game to tell people to actually change there car astounds me =/ .

He could say something, though I don't know if the Subaru Drive is skilled like the Rx7 Drivers.

I really don't get this either. I drift in mostly rear wheel drive cars, but yesterday i wanted to give a go at getting the new Subaru WRX sedan '10 drifting. It was a bitch to try to get going and after a fair bit of tuning and adjustments i was finally able to get the thing to drift like my rear wheel drive cars.

When watching replays of it you don't notice any smoke coming from the front and in online rooms I haven't been asked to change either.

The fact you guys say it is 'just wrong' and the fact that you would go as far in an online game to tell people to actually change there car astounds me =/ .

It's because they're purists. Pretty much all forms of professional drifting prohibit more than 2 driven wheels so if they are wanting to do a simulation of drifting, having some one turn up in an AWD is pointless.

Confession: My favorite car to drift is an R33 GTR. I don't drift with it online or anything though, and to be honest, it can't always best the drift trial scores of my Silvia or NSX. It's just fun though, but I guess it isn't really 'drifting' per se. Oh well.

so people do drift them just that its not as skilful as fr cars, i realy enjoy drifting my 10/90 setup just have to use my rx7 when in some lobbys im ok with that

Great post NK with the FC's... That was sick especially when you consider that there is still traffic on the other side!! Pure drifting skillz...

The Subu just doesn't look "natural"

One reason is, in a 4WD car, it is very hard to drift a corner from start to finish with a decent amount of opposite lock, if you straighten the steering too much it's considered understeer by drifters, something I think is almost unavoidable in a 4WD.

put it this way, If you find your self in a online room, driving a rwd with other awds AND your catching up/ staying with them (assuming on same tires) You know your good (atleast better) however if your on the flipside and are getting worked by a 2wd please please practice more. It would help alot of PD would make it a true 0 100% split. Open many more cars. But remember at the end of the day Drifting is fun and thats that, so if your getting hard while sliding then your doing it right. LOL

If people who just call AWD/4WD "drifting" and rename it as what it is which is sliding it would not be a problem. THE SPORT OF DRIFTING IS RWD. the sport of AWD sliding is called gymkana. this solves the problem but people just don't know what they are talking about half the time and just call it as they see it.

Back