Your First Car???

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 448 comments
 I started with the sprinter Trueno, it was NA, It was an 80's car and you could pop a turbo into it and compete in turbo reaces. Quite the versatile car if you ask me.

i used the vitz euro edition, you can buy a stage 1 turbo in the beginning, easy to win money, then compete in the vitz race for 5k a race, pretty easy

hey, I was just wondering, and becasue I have been getting tons of email. Which is the best car to start with? I myself picked the Apex, and then boosted up to the Lancer. But was this the right choice?
-Josh

If you're talking about the first car you buy with the 18k credits it gives you..., the Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex is the best buy. If you look at it's specs vs. the other 8 car's specs that are under 18k, you'll see the Sprinter is the best one to start out with.

I think the PT Cruiser has more HP(just a couple), but it also weighs more, and costs more(I think...)

THE SPRINTER!

(Edited by Josh at 2:18 pm on Aug. 3, 2001)

I personally, like the idea of starting with the Mazda MX-5,  then, without any upgrades appart from the hardest slicks, you can enter the Roadsters Endurance if you have the licence, then win easy and get 100k for your efforts, which is a big help at the start of the game.

Well i got the toyota sprinter. i love getting ugly cars at the start of my game and supping em up. and i usually never sell my first car, for sentimental value.  how about you.

yeah, kind of like your first girl, she may be ugly, but just sup em up a little bit and they'll be sleek and fast before you know it.  Unfortunately, women do not easily hold sentimental value.

The mazda miata mx-5 (J), the one for less than 17gs is awsome.  After the sunday cup, wich you will win easily, buy the first turbo, win the clubman, buy suspension.  Then go to spider/roadster competition and win it and keep winning it to get some nice cash.

The VW New Beetle 2.0 is also a fairly nice first car. With just a few of the cheap mods for it I was able to take the Sunday and the Clubman cups with ease. The money (and sold cars) from those cups got used to beef it up--sounds funny for a beetle--a little bit more for the FF race. It burned through the competition in that. Next I took the NA races... peice of cake.

Right now I have all the high-end mods except for the level 3 NA tune up, level 3 weight reduction, and racing slicks. It's at about 270 hp, and can kick ass in many of the races.

Although I am biased to VW/Audi... (and why the hell is there no GTI in the game!?)

I think the Miata is the best first car. After the tubo upgrade it beats all in its class except on the test track, where the SLK has a higher top end. I gotta bump him off everytime he gets close. >:)

I used to love getting an old Mitsubishi GTO hehe, all 4wd an stuff. i member when i put racing mods on the used one... it looked sooo beautiful, oh lord i loved that car hehe

the VW beetle 2.0 is great as a starting car because you can take it too the beetle cup, and if you win that, you get the Beetle RSi, which is an excellent car and the best prize car you can win in the amateur league.

I started off with the PT Cruiser and it went well for me. The handling is crap, but it has decent power/weight ratio.

If you do decide to go with this as your first car, you won't even have change to wash the thing, so winning races is a must!

Jep! I also bought the Trueno - and I sold it to buy an Evolution IV or VI or something...

The trueno was quite funny to drive....I liked it..

Latest Posts

Back