Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X in 2021

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 2,202 comments
Hey!

New racer here. Jumped in from GT7. Been trying to play online (i am from India) and the ping for most of the servers is pretty poor for me. While my internet speed is pretty good, the ping is above 150ms in most lobbies. Makes the race un-drivable.

Any good asian leagues or communities that i can join while I still get used to the games?

Just saw a photo on the ACC reddit of a screen cap of the KTM going through the turn 2 (3?) Uphill tight hander at Red Bull Ring.... apparently it was from a tweet that was quickly deleted.

So 1 track: The Red Bull Ring

And 6 new cars:
  • Audi R8 LMS GT2
  • KTM X-Bow GT2
  • Maserati MC20 GT2
  • Mercedes-AMG GT2
  • Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport Evo
  • (2019 Porsche 935 - which was actually seen in the STO GT1 class as far as I remember, did it ever race in GT2 formally?)

Note, the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo Evo2 is basically given a body kit to reduce aero a bit and then qualifies for GT2, so ACC hasn't actually added that car. I assume they will allow us to drive the existing ST Evo2 in the class by default?

I'm looking at the release notes of the last patch
as a non native english I'm struggling to understand what it is: Fixed an issue with Dashboarding while connecting to public lobbies causes a crash.

What is Dashboarding?

Discord first!

As a thank you to you loyal members who constructively help make this game great. Here's some news for you that is about to go live on socials at 3pm.

It's a date! 📅 The GT2 Pack is coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione on Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation 5!

🏎️6x New GT2 Cars
🐂Red Bull Ring Track

Coming to consoles 27th February 2024!

Discord first!

As a thank you to you loyal members who constructively help make this game great. Here's some news for you that is about to go live on socials at 3pm.

It's a date! 📅 The GT2 Pack is coming to Assetto Corsa Competizione on Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation 5!

🏎️6x New GT2 Cars
🐂Red Bull Ring Track

Oh god please PSVR2 support :C

Nope, don’t seem that the developers are to add VR support on PS5.

And asking about career mode fixes, saves issues fixes, special events leaderboard fixes, answer was no news, so seems that the update will add only the new payable content and the B.O.P adjustments that were added also in pc version.

Hopefully no new issues incoming as happened with some major updates before

Discord first!

🏎️6x New GT2 Cars
🐂Red Bull Ring Track

Wow, that's several months earlier than I thought we'd get it on consoles.

I dont know how much work required for them to include psvr2 support, its already have pcvr. I am not sure why they do not understand that psvr2 would rocket their sales number, even people playing on pc would jump to ps5. Apparently you need rtx 4090 to run this game properly on pc. I would pay money for the psvr2 support, i think lot of people will do too.

I dont know how much work required for them to include psvr2 support, its already have pcvr. I am not sure why they do not understand that psvr2 would rocket their sales number, even people playing on pc would jump to ps5. Apparently you need rtx 4090 to run this game properly on pc. I would pay money for the psvr2 support, i think lot of people will do too.

Well a small studio (untold games) has to invest time and money into making the compatibility for only one console of the 3 next gen consoles.

There are around 50 million ps5 consoles on the market, with around 2 million PSVR2 headsets, wich are already lower levels than much game sales.

Form those 2 million PSVR2 users, how many would have interest in getting a game in his end of support stage and that is a niche market game?

The game is offered for free to PlayStation plus extra/ premium users since already a year.

It would be more expensive adding compatibility than benefits, and the game after all this time still have a lot of issues, mostly affecting single player modes,and that should been priority to fix .

And now Sony will make PSVR2 headset compatible with PC, I presume to try to increase the sales… but on PC there are vr headset’s half the price and wireless… so don’t think that a lot of people will even get interested in PSVR2 headset with actual price (more expensive even than the PS5 console)

but on PC there are vr headset’s half the price and wireless… so don’t think that a lot of people will even get interested in PSVR2 headset with actual price (more expensive even than the PS5 console)
the big plus of PSVR2 will be that it can handle both systems pc and ps5 aswell. As an PSVR2 owner this compatibility is great news. This saves my money and I don’t need to buy quest just for pc.

the big plus of PSVR2 will be that it can handle both systems pc and ps5 aswell. As an PSVR2 owner this compatibility is great news. This saves my money and I don’t need to buy quest just for pc.

Sure, for people as you that buyed the headset already it’s ok , for newbuyers on pc , they will go for quest headset for sure, half the price and wireless.

Sony is desperate to increase their sales

I think it will end as ps vita.

I didn’t go for PSVR2 cause from what I’ve seen with the original PSVR … (GT sport limited vr, drive club (limited ) and dirt rally, only the first)
If no third parties support the VR, it’s useless.
And time is showing me that I did a the correct decision, cause my only interest in VR is racing games and flight games (and for GT7 only I dont spend 600 bucks)

As with original PSVR , not kunos, nor EA / codemasters are offering compatibility, and that’s cause for them it’s not enough interesting to invest money and time in it.

It’s a business after all for them , and if they don’t see possible benefits, they don’t even start to invest.

For VR, best and only place is PC

Apparently you don't need a 4090, I have a 3070 and I can play the game in VR perfectly with my Oculus Rift S lol.

Apparently you need rtx 4090 to run this game properly on pc.
You really, really don't.

While ACC is far from the most optimised VR racing title around (that's easily AMS2), you can get it running acceptably in VR using a GTX 1660ti.

even people playing on pc would jump to ps5
They really wouldn't, I'm a PC and PS5 player and I wouldn't even if every PS5 racing title got PSVR2 support tomorrow. The simple reason is that a good number of racing titles exist on PC that don't on the PS5 and many of them that do exist on both offer mod support on PC. I'm not swapping mod support and VR on Assetto Corsa (as one example) just to do something I can already do (and have been able to do for years).

Last edited:
Other then the Pack Addition (added intentionally) and the fantastic ghosting in online racing (added less intentionally, I guess 😒), is this update changing somehow the physics?
Yesterday I had a run with usual settings and I found the car a bit more slidy with more difficult to have read whell psi in the window.

I'm not that big of a driver, so it was maybe a faulty driving on my side

Thanks

You really, really don't.

While ACC is far from the most optimised VR racing title around (that's easily AMS2), you can get it running acceptably in VR using a GTX 1660ti.

That is great! So with RTX 2060 it is possible to get ACC running in VR :) I was worried it will be bad.

That is great! So with RTX 2060 it is possible to get ACC running in VR :) I was worried it will be bad.
Shouldn't be an issue, don't expect it to be as optimised as say AMS2 for VR, but you can see what a GTX 1660ti could do in the video, your card a step up and more from that.

Shouldn't be an issue, don't expect it to be as optimised as say AMS2 for VR, but you can see what a GTX 1660ti could do in the video, your card a step up and more from that.
Yeah. I already bought AMS2 but didn’t have time to play it more. I hope PSVR2 pc support will come sooner than later and it will be working flawlessly so i could enjoy pcvr simracing.

Yeah. I already bought AMS2 but didn’t have time to play it more. I hope PSVR2 pc support will come sooner than later and it will be working flawlessly so i could enjoy pcvr simracing.
I've just got a new PC setup, so am still to see what improvements I get moving from the GTX to an RTX 4070 gives me.

So is it safe to assume there will be no more upgrades for the PS4 console game? It is looking like it is time to finally upgrade to the PS5.
They pretty much ended PS4 support when they came out with the PS5 version. Fortunately whatever DLC you purchased will follow you to the pS5 version

Can anyone share their 'View settings' ? I am not sure if its my car set up or something that has changed since the update that I can't figure out, but there is so much movement when driving in cockpit view now. I am using PS5. Thanks in advance.

Latest Posts

Back