Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,217 comments
This is how the new versions for the 1983 mod looked (after improvements to the textures by MrHunt):
Ligier (6 versions with differences)
Ferrari (C2 and C3 with 6 versions in total)
Renault RE30C (early season, an adaptation, as this model is not found this way in other simulators)
Lotus 92 (early season 1983)
Tyrrell 011 (early season 1983)

Do they work in vintage Zandvoort (Sandev) track?

SimDreams cars don't (they crash like drunk maniacs everywhere) so I can't have a full season with them.

Isn't that due to lack of decent AI for the 70s version of that track?

Could be that too.

But I tested it with my friends 1985 F1 cars (not released publicly) and that track worked great with them.

It can be both.

Strange thing is that when you choose a RACE WEEKEND from the Content Manager they work (kinda) but in the championship mode it's a mayhem.

Quick question : how do you make an alternative layout to an already existing track work ?

I've done a full oval of the Linas-Monthléry alternative, the track loads fine, it's raceable, but using the AI in-game tool it doesn't register it once I click 'save AI' so the map doesn't change - it still showcases the two chickens (eheh).

That stuff is way above my paygrade lol.

Quick question : how do you make an alternative layout to an already existing track work ?

I've done a full oval of the Linas-Monthléry alternative, the track loads fine, it's raceable, but using the AI in-game tool it doesn't register it once I click 'save AI' so the map doesn't change - it still showcases the two chickens (eheh).

That stuff is way above my paygrade lol.
You dont click "save AI", dont press stop either. Simply record the AI and exit out, go look in the ./ai folder.
If you see fast_lane.ai.candidate you have created a new ai. Rename that file to fast_lane.ai
(CM may also now have a highlight button to "appply AI" or somesuch you can click"

Last edited:
This is how the new versions for the 1983 mod looked (after improvements to the textures by MrHunt):
Ligier (6 versions with differences)
Ferrari (C2 and C3 with 6 versions in total)
Renault RE30C (early season, an adaptation, as this model is not found this way in other simulators)
Lotus 92 (early season 1983)
Tyrrell 011 (early season 1983)
Awesome work, looking forward for it!!!

Hi gents,
BMW 323ti Compact Hartge
View attachment 1347118
Original model from Dominik Pasek
Performance & data: https://zeperfs.com/en/fiche2185-bmw-323-ti-hartge.htm
Skin color: https://colorndrive.com/fr/stylo-retouche-peinture/bmw-3-series-compact?year=2000&baseColor=#filter
276hp, 380Nm
Unfortunatly i havent 35.000 usd a year to make lods :(
All suspension points moved
Steering wheel parameters fixed
Hartge logo added
Hope you enjoy this little gem (very very rare)

DOWNLOAD:
https://mega.nz/file/YodUXRwA#r4avvZ3337A_O0M6DqsTET70X8mlKatbI35ikNljtPE
I added a little ext_config file to turn on the turn indicators, fog lights (extra a) and reverse lights.
Just rename it to ext_config.ini and create a extension folder inside the car folder
Screenshot_bmw_e36_compact_hartge_lm_white_ground_16-3-124-22-18-35.jpg
Screenshot_bmw_e36_compact_hartge_lm_white_ground_16-3-124-22-18-45.jpg

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I feel sorry for you... I wanted to order one CSL DD 8nm tomorrow... I guess I will wait and see if you find a fix for your wheel.
After some hours of testing i think i begin slowly to understand the DD funtionality. First i had massiv reduce all ingame car ffb´s even i was not even close to clipping (It´s unusual for a belt driver :crazy: not to adapt to the clipping "line" ) After that i reduced damper here and there and voiles i am not right there where i want to be but it´s going right direction and i found the fun back.
Taken tommorow work off just to experment with all 6 sims i am driving :D
So right now if i musted recommend the wheel to you.... still unsure, but ireally think now it´s a matter of days and i hope i`ll love it

After some hours of testing i think i begin slowly to understand the DD funtionality. First i had massiv reduce all ingame car ffb´s even i was not even close to clipping (It´s unusual for a belt driver :crazy: not to adapt to the clipping "line" ) After that i reduced damper here and there and voiles i am not right there where i want to be but it´s going right direction and i found the fun back.
Taken tommorow work off just to experment with all 6 sims i am driving :D
So right now if i musted recommend the wheel to you.... still unsure, but ireally think now it´s a matter of days and i hope i`ll love it
good to hear. Keep on exploring your new wheel and don't hesitate to report back!

Released : Chevrolet Corvette GTP´88 (C4)
View attachment 1346252

Author:F302
Texture Update : F302 (rework,Skin Update)
Skins: Tar Heel
3d work: F302
hope u enjoy the Car
ps : send feedback ,bugs ,missing things
tested on CSP 0.2.3-preview1
PP filer; AC Vison GT 1.0
have fun!

To install, move folders to "...\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa" or simply
drag'n'drop archive to Content Manager

The Link appears to be broken? Thx

Versions of the McLaren M7A, partially finished (base car was the Matra by Legion).

McLaren M5A (but for now)
I hope to send the mate "MrHunt" to improve the textures (try to make the orange color on the back of the Spa model), try to adjust the arrows (rpm, oil, temperature, etc...).

When I return the file, I have to eliminate the pieces (in pink), add the real skins from each race (pilots' helmets, etc...)
Add texture (for Goodyear).

The models from the race in Spain and Canada (I'm a little confused), as there are different photos with and without fuel tanks on the sides (in the Spanish GP they appear without the tanks too), in the Canadian GP with just one, or with two (I left them aside for now).

The Monaco model (Gp of Spain) and the Nurburgring model for (Canada) can be used.
For the USA GP (I will add it on the way back), the front wings (or use the one from the Matra front wing model.

For 1968, there will still be Cooper, BRM, Matra V12 and (Kyalami version), and the Honda RA302 version (RA301 I found last month on the internet, luckily they already did it).

Attachments

• monaco1.jpg
    monaco1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 4
  • monaco2.jpg
    monaco2.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3
  • monza2.jpg
    monza2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 3
  • monza1.jpg
    monza1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 4
  • nurburg1.jpg
    nurburg1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2
  • nurburg2.jpg
    nurburg2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2
  • rouen1.jpg
    rouen1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 4
  • rouen2.jpg
    rouen2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 4
  • spa1.jpg
    spa1.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 5
  • spa2.jpg
    spa2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 4
Kyalami 1976

Kyalami 1976 v0.995

As always, I take no credit for the track itself. All credit for the track goes to the guys at actrackrebootproject. All I did was add some CSP features and alter the look of the track to fit my eye better. It is a standalone track so it won't alter the original version.

CREDITS:

Original Track: actrackrebootproject
Config: @CrisT86
1976-1977 Sponsors\Logos: @leopardpete Get well soon.
Seasonal Changes Advice: @andrevr
Help and Advice: The guys from @Breathe discord channel. Too many to name here, but they know who they are. Plus @leopardpete and @Fall Guy for the pics and video I used as reference.
CSP Additions: @racinjoe013

The track itself is unfinished so expect future updates. There are a couple of things i'm not happy with. The big one being the areas where the dirt edges meet the road or grass. They don't blend well and at times have a different level of brightness. No matter what I try I can't seem to make them look the way I want. Frustration has set in and I need to step away from the track for awhile, but I don't think it's enough of an issue to hold off on making the track public.

Notes:

-- If you don't care for my choices of colors for the grass and trees and want to make or use your own track skin you must first disable the automatic texture change feature in the ext_config. Just delete the SCRIPTS / EXTRAS section all the way at the bottom.
-- There is a 1977 track skin that will change the podium and control tower sponsors to their 1977 versions.
-- If you want more crowds, there is a Crowd Stuff section near the bottom of the ext_config file. Set the first Mesh Adjustment entry to Active = 0. Just know that they are simple 2 sided crowd objects and will look odd from certain angles.
-- I made a new ai line to fit my limited driving abilites better. If you don't like it, just use whatever ai file you currently use on the original Kyalami 1967 track.

View attachment 1255486
Link updated with a small update that might not be of interest to everyone.

-- Added an ai_hints file created by @Apocalypse211 to help with odd ai behavior when using the SimDreams 1982, 83 and 84 F1 mods.

Last edited:
You dont click "save AI", dont press stop either. Simply record the AI and exit out, go look in the ./ai folder.
If you see fast_lane.ai.candidate you have created a new ai. Rename that file to fast_lane.ai
(CM may also now have a highlight button to "appply AI" or somesuch you can click"
Yeah I tried following this : https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/how-can-i-make-ai-path.234/

But it doesn't work at all, race cancelled every time lmao. One, two or three laps registered - doesn't ****ing matter.

I'm done

Last edited:
Versions of the McLaren M7A, partially finished (base car was the Matra by Legion).

McLaren M5A (but for now)
I hope to send the mate "MrHunt" to improve the textures (try to make the orange color on the back of the Spa model), try to adjust the arrows (rpm, oil, temperature, etc...).

When I return the file, I have to eliminate the pieces (in pink), add the real skins from each race (pilots' helmets, etc...)
Add texture (for Goodyear).

The models from the race in Spain and Canada (I'm a little confused), as there are different photos with and without fuel tanks on the sides (in the Spanish GP they appear without the tanks too), in the Canadian GP with just one, or with two (I left them aside for now).

The Monaco model (Gp of Spain) and the Nurburgring model for (Canada) can be used.
For the USA GP (I will add it on the way back), the front wings (or use the one from the Matra front wing model.

For 1968, there will still be Cooper, BRM, Matra V12 and (Kyalami version), and the Honda RA302 version (RA301 I found last month on the internet, luckily they already did it).
Will you also make the Mclaren with double high wing? and the three wing one?
43d06e800788adf4b04ac8b985940af0.jpg
R.jpg

Yeah I tried following this : https://assettocorsamods.net/threads/how-can-i-make-ai-path.234/

But it doesn't work at all, race cancelled every time lmao. One, two or three laps registered - doesn't ****ing matter.

I'm done
Two small things maybe you've already considered so sorry for wasting your time but still:
Maybe the track's layout folder is set on "read only" mode?
Maybe something in the track is a little wonky like sidelines or finish/start points and that invalidates your line.

shi
Mottle Ring v1.02

View attachment 1344968
Fictional circuit.
Conversion from GTL.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

NOTE; If you are using Sol and the track screen is dark, rename ext_config_for_sol.ini to ext_config.ini in the extension folder.

Credits & Thanks;
GTL Original Track by @carTOON (barcika)
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI line by IMEAN
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed a wall that was not working. (Thanks @The-King for the report.)
-Fixed ext_config.ini. (Thanks @jac0 for the report.)

v1.02 changelog;

-New AI line by IMEAN. (Thanks!)
-Updated sideline.

Mottle Ring v1.02
The link is in the quote.

v1.02 changelog;
-New AI line by IMEAN. (Thanks!)
-Updated sideline.

Mirage Cup skin for Dodge Colt 1989
Car mod by MacedoSTI;

I used images from the following site as reference.
It is not perfect (especially the front part).

Download (mediafire)
Screenshot_lm_mit_colt_magione_22-0-124-7-8-23.jpg

Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM '95 skin
Car mod by BE_Modding;

However, the speedometers do not work and the specs do not match those of the GT5/6.
Due to mapping issues, the skins are not perfectly reproduced.

Download (mediafire)
preview.jpg

VRC Prototype H 2023 - Pageau 9T8

Is there supposed to be something displayed on the steering wheel LCD?
View attachment 1347283

I found out why mine wasnt showing anything... you need to start the car... :lol:
Maybe the non csp one doesnt have the screen
In the meanwhile you found out it was necessary to start (or activate ignition) to bring the screen alive, but I wanted to add that the non CSP version doesn't require that action. The display works without action when starting the game.

good to hear. Keep on exploring your new wheel and don't hesitate to report back!
Everything was a matter of getting used to a DD wheel, while coming from a belt one. Plus a matter of correct settings, especially also the car-by-car ffb adjustments within the games.
I used all the fanatec-recommendations and adjusted them always a bit. Now i am very pleased with the wheel.
Btw. speaking of fana-recommendations - right now it´s no more necessary to run the compatibility mode (they should update this) because the wheel is immidiatly recognized by all the actuall titles.

Maybe if someone stimm plays AMS1 oder the old sim bins, there is still a sense to run compatibility mode.

HungaroringACC

My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track made to look the way I prefer. There are two versions you can try so please don't skip reading the rest of this post. Both are standalone versions so they won't mess with the original tracks and can easily be deleted if you don't care for my changes.

rj_hungaroringACC: My version of the ts_hungaroringACCv03 track with too many changes to describe. I would suggest starting with this track to make sure you like the changes. If you do then I would delete this and download the track below.

Link: rj_hungaroringACC

rj_hungaroring: A standalone version of Fenryr's fn_hungaroring track made to look like the above rj_hungaroringACC track. Fenryr's version is far superior to what I did with the separate GT and F1 layouts, the compatibility with Pyyer's F1 2023 extension and other numerous improvements he made. I would highly suggest you use this version instead of mine, but that's your choice.

Now for the confusing part and I hope language barriers don't make this hard to understand. The changes I made to the rj_hungaroring track kind of messed up Pyyer's 2023 F1 mod for the track. If you use the Fenryr F1 2023 mod from Pyyer, I included the changed files needed in order for it too work properly. First you will want to install Pyyer's mod into the track folder. Then extract all the files in the 'Files_for_Pyyer_F1_2023_mod' folder from the download package and overwrite when it asks.

Link: rj_hungaroring

Credits:
Original track: Tom Steel, Junshen Wu and Fenryr. Apologies to anyone else who may have been involved.
Sections file: @Quikslvr
AC_Crew files: @Kurt Woods
Crowd file: @ludwig6666
AI File: Thockard
Additional replay camera and one alternative lighting.ini file: @Gregz0r
Config changes, night lights setup and additional replay cameras: @CrisT86

Track skins:

There are a bunch of track skins you can use or delete if you don't need them. You can combine any of the skins together. The two Diffuse skins change the color tone of the grass a bit over the default look. They add progressively more blue tint. The Grass Dry, Grass Greenish and Grass Lush skins are self explanatory. The Seasonal Trees skin will change the tree textures to give a more seasonal accurate look. I.E., bare in the winter, semi leafless in the late fall, etc. The AC_Crew skins will change the pitlane crew objects to have series specific sponsors.

Notes:

-- The original track did not have a lighting.ini file. If you don't care for the lighting from the sun, go into the data folder for any of the layouts. Rename one of the included alternative lighting files to lighting.ini and see if you prefer one of the alternatives. I prefer the one named lighting_old from @Gregz0r .
-- As always, any shader value I changed from it's original value gets placed in the Shader Stuff section that you can edit to get a look you prefer.
-- If you find the trees lack shadow depth, open up the track's ext_config file and look for this section (it's near the bottom). Change it's ACTIVE state to 0:

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = trees?
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

hung.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back