Circuit de la Sarthe - PP700 / 30 minutes is the best track to grind while enjoying the actual track, car & weather!!!

• Thread starter GMW
  • 92 comments

GMW

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GMW
Is anyone else just using all the cars in their garage to enjoy the different feels of the different cars while racing in the dynamic weather and earring about 825,000 per clean race?? Yes it takes at least 30minutes but its the funnest 'legal' way to grind. Or is there another similar track/weather combo I am missing??

IMG_7873.JPG
IMG_7871.JPG
IMG_7872.JPG

Ive not had a wet race yet since 1.21. :lol: I dont know whats happened there,this is on PS4 pro,i havent used my PS5 since before 1.21 so i`ll have a go on that and see what happens,i cant imagine it will make any difference though.

I usually take a road car I fancy and tune it into a "gr.4" spec, either with or without an engine swap,

Have this race as part of my race rotation:

1 - Stock gr4 or 650-700pp build round LeMans 700
2 - Stock gr3 at spa 1hr, change to a different gr3 everytime
3 - High turbo/supercharger gr3 at sardegna 800, change to a different gr3 everytime Repeat rotation with different cars

I like to see what I can get away with there in cars that don't fit. I kind of make my own missions in a sense. I'll purposely use a car with bad fuel consumption and see if my speed can make up for the extra pit stops or the opposite of that scenario. I had the most fun in the engine swapped super charged 76 Firebird. The sound it makes is amazing !! It's like you are bargaining with something to not kill you but you're smiling at the same time.

Last edited:
It’s my favorite race as well but yesterday the three times I raced it it was flood city! From lap two to the end the rain gauge was in the blue. Would like some dry races for a change. Love being able to use a lot of different cars though.

It’s my favorite race as well but yesterday the three times I raced it it was flood city! From lap two to the end the rain gauge was in the blue. Would like some dry races for a change. Love being able to use a lot of different cars though.
It also seems that the Wets last longer. However, I've done no actual tire testing.

The ten lap WTC 700 DragonTrail Gradens reversed have dynamic weather and day to evening transition. Nice race to test your mettel and different cars. Same with WTC 700 Autopolis. It’s a good test of strategy to make tyres and fuel last, while keeping up the pace. Track dries very fast after a rain, when the sun shines. AI switch up which car leads, by the last couple laps. Could be the Swift, NSX or Supra.
WTC 700 Red Bull Ring, is a hit and miss with weather.

Pretty much all the WTC 700 races are a good challenge for different cars.

Always take the SGT4 Supra for a run. Stopped using the Alfa 155 about a month ago. After the engine Bonanza, started using the RX-8 and the ‘23 Z much more. Those are my go to for all WTC 700 events.

I'm trying my hardest to fit in an 8th lap in my RX-787B. Came close this morning with only a few drops of rain so only the 1 pit stop required but managed to spin out and crash which added 20 seconds to my lap. Without that I manage to do it.

GMW
Is anyone else just using all the cars in their garage to enjoy the different feels of the different cars while racing in the dynamic weather and earring about 825,000 per clean race?? Yes it takes at least 30minutes but its the funnest 'legal' way to grind. Or is there another similar track/weather combo I am missing??
That is exactly why I race Sarthe nearly exclusively. What is the point of owning all these cars if we can’t actually drive them?
Some days it just seems like that and I just stop racing a bit earlier, some days its super nice and I keep racing until it (inevitably) gets nasty.
Is this a serious question? The Spa 1 hour race.
Great course and I do enjoy it. The lighting transitions really make that circuit shine. The hour-length really takes it out of me though, I have to be in the right mindset to commit.
I summon @Live25! He's testing every possible car in this race. :lol:

I like this race, but I prefer Tokyo 600.
Fun thread, thanks for the tag!

yep this is my favorite race especially after knowing the perfect strategy to win every time... before I would use the red bull jr and just pit after lap 2 and switch to wet tires and be good the whole race... but if its clear then the wet tires grip gets used up quick and have to switch back to hard tires after lap 4 or 5...if it rains hard just have to pit once if its clear have to pit twice...now been using the 88 supra which is much faster but guzzles up gas quick...have to pit twice regardless but win much more comfortably... I basically take first middle of lap 1

Last edited:
Back when I was religiously playing the game, I have the most fun driving the swapped Tundra, Alpine A220, swapped 3.0 CSL, swapped RX7 in this race.

Come to think of it, engine swapped cars are fun to drive here.

Last edited:
GMW
Which other circuit has a similar race with weather changes and sped up time???

Great course and I do enjoy it. The lighting transitions really make that circuit shine. The hour-length really takes it out of me though, I have to be in the right mindset to commit.

There is the 10 lap WTC 800 at Suzuka, also. But don't expect do have many cars that can win this race with the insane Suzuka AI. But sure weather messes everything up sometimes

yep this is my favorite race especially after knowing the perfect strategy to win every time... before I would use the red bull jr and just pit after lap 2 and switch to wet tires and be good the whole race... but if its clear then the wet tires grip gets used up quick and have to switch back to hard tires after lap 4 or 5...if it rains hard just have to pit once if its clear have to pit twice...now been using the 88 supra which is much faster but guzzles up gas quick...have to pit twice regardless but win much more comfortably... I basically take first middle of lap 1
The Le Mans 30 minute race is an easy and secure win in any GR3 car detuned to 700 pp. So just choose your favourite GR3 car and win every time.
For GR4 you need a car with at least 400 bhp and starting from about 650 pp. Huracan, Viper and Corvette will win the race without any engine upgrade.
One of my favorite cars for Le Mans is the Silvia Touring car. It needs the medium turbo upgrade, but will win tuned to 655 pp with 384 hp.

GMW
Aside from that one 😅. The 700pp seems to,be the sweet spot where one can still use tuned ‘normal’ cars.
Try the Subaru GT300, Pennzoil GTR GT500 and Tom's Supra gt500 on Spa. They are relatively light which helps with your tires and consumption.

GMW
Aside from that one 😅. The 700pp seems to,be the sweet spot where one can still use tuned ‘normal’ cars.
That is so true...If I want to have an interesting and challengig race I use road cars that I turn into GR4 cars for the Sarthe PP700 race, but this doesn't really work for the Spa PP800 race in the same way......

With this Race i made the most Money...
I raced this Track maybe 70-80 times already.

Last edited:
That is so true...If I want to have an interesting and challengig race I use road cars that I turn into GR4 cars for the Sarthe PP700 race, but this doesn't really work for the Spa PP800 race in the same way......
Exactly and I enjoy using the 'normal' cars tuned up to handle the PP700 race. So I was looking for a similar exciting race scenario on other tracks. 'Normal' tuned cars and dynamic weather.

What's happened to my grind of choice? My "do it in your sleep" certain win has been nerfed.
Suddenly the opposition are faster and nastier, catching me and overtaking when before I would have blown them into the weeds on FM2.Also the weather map has changed. A map-wide blanket showed as I came round the Posche Curves so I thought "Aha! into the pits early for wets and pass everyone while they're slithering around", but no... 2 laps of a light misting and left trailing the lead by over a minute. Plus, no-one pitted for tyres in the last three laps like normal.
WHAT'S GOING ON? :confused:

What's happened to my grind of choice? My "do it in your sleep" certain win has been nerfed.
Suddenly the opposition are faster and nastier, catching me and overtaking when before I would have blown them into the weeds on FM2.Also the weather map has changed. A map-wide blanket showed as I came round the Posche Curves so I thought "Aha! into the pits early for wets and pass everyone while they're slithering around", but no... 2 laps of a light misting and left trailing the lead by over a minute. Plus, no-one pitted for tyres in the last three laps like normal.
The weather map does seem different, but that’s all that I have noticed.

I've noticed it's suddenly got alot more difficult on hard difficulty, had a go on spa last night and had a terrible time. Usually come 1st or 2nd. Was trying a different car though, in the castrol supra.

I found that I could try to tune 'normal' cars to compete in the world touring car 800 on Circuit de la Sarthe and I could win. Lots of fun while enjoying a lot more horsepower however the final payout is too low to use it to grind. I wish Polyphony would increase the payout to the same or higher than the 700pp race to give us more options to grind while having fun.

On separate note I also found the World Touring Car 800 on the Tokyo Expressway to also be fun using 'normal' tuned cars to win. However the payment is also quite low.

On a third note, I also think there should be 730pp races to get more HP 'normal' cars to compete agains the Gr cars. It feels great to tune one's car to the point it can take on a Gr car. :-)). But we don't want to do this for free, so they should give larger payouts.

These little changes would go a long way to increasing the fun in the game and get us to have a variety of great tracks to grind on. Not too much grinding, just the right amount ;-)

I enjoy this race much more than Tokyo, truth be told.

I also use the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT on RH tires (switch to Wets if it rains) because of its speed and fuel economy.

Racing engine swapped cars are also ideal due to their godly fuel economy and better top speed than the Gr. 4 competition. 4-rotor swaps seem to be the most popular choices for that.

Or sometimes, I take out the Red Bull X2014 Jr. and take a "leisurely" drive.

I had a fun race yesterday. A light rain came and went on lap 3. At the end of lap 4 I was going to the pit to refuel and noticed a new front approaching on the weather radar. I didn’t see if it was another case of light rain, but just before entering the pit lane I saw a bit of dark blue on the radar and decided to change to intermediates just in case.

The new front turned out to be heavy rainfall. Halfway around lap 5 it came pouring down and the competition had no chance with their slicks. I pulled away by one and a half minute on that lap alone.

I enjoy this race much more than Tokyo, truth be told.

I also use the Aston Martin DP-100 VGT on RH tires (switch to Wets if it rains) because of its speed and fuel economy.

Racing engine swapped cars are also ideal due to their godly fuel economy and better top speed than the Gr. 4 competition. 4-rotor swaps seem to be the most popular choices for that.

Or sometimes, I take out the Red Bull X2014 Jr. and take a "leisurely" drive.
Thanks for the feedback and tips! Will try the racing engine swapped cars on it next. 😃

I had a fun race yesterday. A light rain came and went on lap 3. At the end of lap 4 I was going to the pit to refuel and noticed a new front approaching on the weather radar. I didn’t see if it was another case of light rain, but just before entering the pit lane I saw a bit of dark blue on the radar and decided to change to intermediates just in case.

The new front turned out to be heavy rainfall. Halfway around lap 5 it came pouring down and the competition had no chance with their slicks. I pulled away by one and a half minute on that lap alone.
I like that and the fact that the weather is never ever the same in any two races. The dynamic weather goes a long way to keep my interest in this specific track/race combo! I wish polyphony can set up something similar on another track with equal pay out and 30mins or 15mins would be great!

Sardegna for me. Reminds me of Isle of Man Southern circuit. Using CLK ATM but used loads.
Thank you, will check that out with my CLK too! 🫡😁

The weather map does seem different, but that’s all that I have noticed.
Yes the weather map changed. Now the green 'cloud' can mean cloudy/overcast weather with little or no rain. Then the rain is only in the darker shades within the std green 'cloud'. Before rain started as soon as any green 'cloud' showed up.

Yes but I'm looking for same 30mins or less. 1 hour is a long time to devote daily for me and can get tiring when done daily.

Back