Circuit de la Sarthe - PP700 / 30 minutes is the best track to grind while enjoying the actual track, car & weather!!!

• Thread starter GMW
  • 92 comments
On hard since day one also here, not been doing this race for some weeks now, raced again last night and exactly as you described, the sky severely overcast, rain on the radar (in my case still far from the track itself) but no actual rain the whole race. A no stop 8 lap race with the Mazda 787b.
In my case, the rain on the radar is passing right over the track.

Broke the racecar, had to race the tow truck.
20221229_065759.jpg

I tested a new car today, the Porsche 911 GT3 (996) tuned to 700pp. Really fun to drive (especially in the Porsche curves), but the fuel tank is small. At full pace it’s got just enough fuel for two laps, but with a lot of slipstreaming it’s possible to extend the range to three laps. My strategy is to go full pace on the first lap to catch the leaders and slipstream behind them for two laps before the first pit stop. Then 2+2 laps in full pace with a second pit stop in between.

I tested a new car today, the Porsche 911 GT3 (996) tuned to 700pp. Really fun to drive (especially in the Porsche curves), but the fuel tank is small. At full pace it’s got just enough fuel for two laps, but with a lot of slipstreaming it’s possible to extend the range to three laps. My strategy is to go full pace on the first lap to catch the leaders and slipstream behind them for two laps before the first pit stop. Then 2+2 laps in full pace with a second pit stop in between.
For 2 lapper capacities, usually road cars, I Lowe difficulty and just go flat out.

I hate lowering fuel mix and short shifting most the time.

I've been enjoying trying different cars and pit strategies out at LeMans as well.

One weird thing I noticed. When I go into the pits, I generally come out having lost about 40 seconds. But when I see the AI leaders going into the pits and I'm behind them and don't pit, I only seem to gain 10-20 seconds. It's quite random and I would expect it to be more standard (and equal).

Has anyone else noticed this?

@luv2drive
It seems like we get penalty at pit stop.
It takes at least 30 sec. to get to your pit crew and another 20 ish for fuel and tyres.
AI are much faster. You can enter in front and leave behind of your opponent even if you get less fuel.
On a side note... Do not waste 18mil credits on 917k - it is twitchy and very unpredictable.

I've been enjoying trying different cars and pit strategies out at LeMans as well.
It’s a fun challenge to see how well the cars can do in the race. And very profitable, even if you don’t win.

Here’s my latest test, the AMG C63. 620 bhp, easily does 320 km/h on the straights. Its Achilles heel is the fuel tank, it does 1.8 laps on fuel map 1. I used a similar pit strategy as I did with the Porsche, a 3+2+2, with the first three laps on fuel map 6 and the last four laps on fuel map 2. The AMG wears the tyres faster than the Porsche as well, due to having 50% more power and a bit more weight, I think three laps is pretty much the limit in terms of tyre wear. I won the race in the end, but the total race time is slower than for the Porsche, due to having to save fuel throughout the race. I think the gap to P2 was around 8 seconds this time. Very fun car to drive still, especially on the long straights.

Another German road car who likes to pretend it’s a touring car: the VW Polo GTI.

It’s small, lightweight, front-wheel drive and won’t go much faster than 270 km/h. It does however have a very wide powerband, producing peak power from around 5200 rpm to around 7000 rpm. That means you can stay at peak power pretty much throughout the entire race and at speeds up to 200 km/h it accelerates faster than most of the competition. It’s also very agile and changes direction quickly and easily.

It’s probably not fast enough to win a dry race, but on both my attempts so far I’ve been lucky and had a lot of rain, and as long as you have a good pit strategy it’s an easy win. It’s also makes for a fun race since you’ll be racing in a pack most of the time.

A problem with the car is that it wears the front tyres quickly. RS tyres will barely last for two laps. I found RM tyres to be good enough for a 3 lap stint though. My strategy is to start with RM tyres and let the weather determine whether to pit at the end of lap two or the end of lap three. Then I improvise from there. In my latest race I did two laps on wet tyres and then finished with two laps on RS when the racing line was dry enough to allow that.

@luv2drive
It seems like we get penalty at pit stop.
It takes at least 30 sec. to get to your pit crew and another 20 ish for fuel and tyres.
AI are much faster. You can enter in front and leave behind of your opponent even if you get less fuel.
On a side note... Do not waste 18mil credits on 917k - it is twitchy and very unpredictable.
How else to practice for license test S-10? Folks also say the engine swapped DeLorean is undrivable. I disagree after leading several laps at Spa with it in rain so hard I though lightning would strike and send me back to 1885. The DeLorean could dominate this race at LeMans, and so can the 917k.

Last edited:
This is my contribution especially for noob guys who want a " safe " run despite the weather.
I don't have ( yet) my gt7 cause i can't find any ps5 yet.
But i play with a small guy ( 11 years old ) and " help " him to grind in his ps4 pro.
Since he was on a trip for holidays he gave me the console and the game to " work" for him till he get back.
I use to grid here using red bull junior but thanks to a guy answer somewhere in a vid i follow his suggestion.

The car is the Gtr nismo 500 16 motul autech .
Just by intermediate tyres use this tune and you are " done" whatever the weather would be without the need of pit stop.
Important to use FM 6 from the beginning to serve you easy for 6 or 7 laps.
IMG_20230101_200424754_HDR.jpg

After 25 plus times of running, after collecting all the silly penalties that exist my thoughts are :
Is totally safe no matter the weather,only at torrential rain you must be careful for aqua planing close to 210 khm. or more , just lift off and keep going.
The benefit of heavy rain rewards you for a 6 lap race like this.
IMG_20230101_200106321.jpg

The car is quite slow compare to others but i find interesting to challenge my self " searching" for the best lap especially when rain doesn't show up or when is getting dry after .
So startin at 4.32- 4.34 i went down to 4.26 low .
Its extremely " challenging" at the last part of the track cause you can go flat out all the way while silly penalties awaiting.
I had a lot of fun out of it challenging my self leaving aside the dirty work of griding
Many thanks to the guy suggest this using the name Dinocaster .
The only thing i change to his tune was to lower front and rear height leaving the rear higher than the front to help me a bit on top speed.( not by much but helped the " cause" ) .

When os ready ill post my best run lap.
Hope to help someone.

Last edited:
I was using the nsx rally car and was getting 3 laps till pit stop but now I'm using the 650 gt3 and I'm getting 4 laps till pits stop so I only need to make 1 stop.

I did it the last days in BMW M6 GT3. Series spec, just use Full Wets to be under 700 PP and it will be easy. No worries about rain.
The game is broken.

Would be interesting how much GT3 or Gr.3 work this way.

Last edited:
Finaly buy it Mclaren f1 what a say, speed demon on the track more than 350 km/h, light, sharp, with unbelievable acceleration all time. Track is waiting... 🏎️

Last edited:
Take this pd you wont allow my beloved gtr in any events well I finally figured out how to win this event with it and with only 1 pit stop (of course alot of coasting had to be done but) :) Score.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230103155820.jpg

Last edited:
Did you actually tune this or is it 'factory-spec'?
It’s tuned. Don’t remember the details, but I believe it’s got all the weight reduction at least, as well as the aero parts.

Here’s my latest touring car fantasy: the Lancia Delta, in an Alfa Romeo 155 inspired livery.

The car is pretty fast, top speed is 300 km/h. The brakes are not the best though, I had to brake earlier in this car than in any of my previous tests.

It’s tuned. Don’t remember the details, but I believe it’s got all the weight reduction at least, as well as the aero parts.

Here’s my latest touring car fantasy: the Lancia Delta, in an Alfa Romeo 155 inspired livery.

The car is pretty fast, top speed is 300 km/h. The brakes are not the best though, I had to brake earlier in this car than in any of my previous tests.

Is it engine-swapped ?

I like the engine swapped Lancia Delta for the Le Mans pp700 race-as you say, it can reach 300km/h on the straight...and I also had that brake problem-it is one of the very few cars where I use the carbon brakes and I set the brake balance on -2/towards the front wheels...that helped!

I use the Celica GT-4 Rally car on fuel map 6 the whole time. RH tires. Refuel and swap new tires at the end of lap 3. Run that to the end of the race. I've run 4:05's in the dry with this car. I'm sure better drivers could easily get in to the 3's, but they would have to run an extra lap and take more overall time. My best time was 30:00:51 while sitting 1:26 ahead of second place on the hardest difficulty setting. It's an easy race unless the heavy rain hits. Then you end up going 60mph down the straights while struggling to maintain traction. If I see heavy rain I just quit the race and rejoin looking for better weather. I didnt buy a racing game to go 60 mph.

Last edited:
Is it engine-swapped ?

I like the engine swapped Lancia Delta for the Le Mans pp700 race-as you say, it can reach 300km/h on the straight...and I also had that brake problem-it is one of the very few cars where I use the carbon brakes and I set the brake balance on -2/towards the front wheels...that helped!
It’s not engine swapped, unfortunately. How many laps can you do with the engine swapped version before you run out of fuel?

Thanks for the carbon brakes suggestion, I’ll try that :)

It’s not engine swapped, unfortunately. How many laps can you do with the engine swapped version before you run out of fuel?

Thanks for the carbon brakes suggestion, I’ll try that :)
If it doesn't rain I do 3 laps first (I think with FM 5 or 6) an the 2 stints with 2 laps(FM 1/2)...(I use that 3/2/2 strategy with most of may cars)...when it rains I adapt an change this pattern when necessary, but with its 4WD the Delta drives pretty nice on wet surface

PS:with the swapped engine, the Delta does almost 320 in the long straight with FM 1...

Last edited:
I just tried this with the AMG C63 as well with the @praiano63 tune, slightly modified. I adjusted slightly to support RM tires, and reduced the rear downforce to get more speed down the straights. Added a little more ballast and lowered ECU a little more to keep the PP under 700

Only been getting light rain in the middle on this race lately so used the following pit strategy:

RM tires for Laps 1/2 using FM2. Then switch to RH tires and FM5 for laps 3-5, then back to RMs for laps 6&7.

With this setup and very little rain, it's a very easy win by at least 30 seconds. Presumably if there's a little more rain, I could use IM tires on laps 3-5. Not sure what would happen if it's really wet :)

I tried the Toyota Aqua yesterday, that was a waste of time :lol:

I’ll try the Prius next, but I fear the transmission will be the limiting factor.

I tried the Toyota Aqua yesterday, that was a waste of time :lol:

I’ll try the Prius next, but I fear the transmission will be the limiting factor.
Hybrid cars tend to fall behind when the batteries die. The Prius might be different though. My experience IRL is that they rely mainly on the engine while driving, the motor just gets it going from a stop and handles low speed maneuvering.
Given the creative liberty they took with the F-150 I'd be surprised if the Prius acts more like the hybrid group 1 cars just on a smaller scale.
I own a four wheel drive F-150 that's very similar to the in game Raptor. It's not full time four wheel drive and it doesn't handle like a solid oak coffee table. It handles like it's glued to the road.

Last edited:
For the first time since the game came out, (and trust me, i grinded La Sarte ALOT) I only had sun today!
now clouds, no light change, nothing, just full blast with the GTR swapped Silvia Touringcar, delight to drive. :):)

I'm never going to France for a holiday. It rains at least once every half hour. Also yellow rain? They wouldn't run in that. It would be safety car or ref flag.

Latest Posts

Back