Circuit de la Sarthe - PP700 / 30 minutes is the best track to grind while enjoying the actual track, car & weather!!!

• Thread starter GMW
  • 92 comments
It seems with each update the weather is also being updated. After update 1.27 I noticed for the first time yellow coloured weather rain pattern on the weather map as I raced this track. Before the dark blue then dark green seemed to be the heaviest rain you could get. There seems to be more variation to the intensity of the rain or storms coming.

I love the randomness of the weather. It's been a week of near drought at Le Mans, but I've had plenty of monsoons to deal with. There's no pattern regarding updates, as I often get the opposite weather to folks posting post update.

If just grinding and want a guaranteed win I'll use a Praiano tuned Isle of Man Subaru, it's a beast. The old Alpine race car was fun too, and an easy win. Not really tried many road cars tuned up. That'll be this evenings fun.

GMW
It seems with each update the weather is also being updated. After update 1.27 I noticed for the first time yellow coloured weather rain pattern on the weather map as I raced this track. Before the dark blue then dark green seemed to be the heaviest rain you could get. There seems to be more variation to the intensity of the rain or storms coming.
Yep, the rain radar has been adjusted. It's better, but takes some time getting used to.

Last edited:
I love the randomness of the weather. It's been a week of near drought at Le Mans, but I've had plenty of monsoons to deal with. There's no pattern regarding updates, as I often get the opposite weather to folks posting post update.

If just grinding and want a guaranteed win I'll use a Praiano tuned Isle of Man Subaru, it's a beast. The old Alpine race car was fun too, and an easy win. Not really tried many road cars tuned up. That'll be this evenings fun.
I’ve spent countless hours racing there with road cars and various tunes of the same road car too!😂 The Chiron is a thirsty one that needs careful driving to finish 2 laps between fill ups but it’s a rocket on the stretches 🤣

I noticed the other day that all of a sudden an area of heavy rain materialised out of nowhere.I have now been using full Wets quite regularly as the weather now gets really wet whereas before,Inters were all i used.I enjoy the new weather at Le Mans as it makes for Tuning to be optimised for not just dry races.

It’s ridiculous, sunny with no clouds and it rains buckets. Then rain gauge shows enough standing water for inters but there’s no spray when looking rearward 🤷🏻‍♂️

GMW
Thanks for the feedback and tips! Will try the racing engine swapped cars on it next. 😃
In my mind THE car to grind with at Le Mans is the Alpine A220,it comes in at exactly 700pp on my settings.You can get nearly 5 laps on a tank,tyre wear is almost negligable(see my updated A220 settings in the tuning sub forum)and it can hit 170 mph on lean settings down the straights and it handles like its on rails.For added fun you could try the Jag XK13 but you will need to juggle the weight and power settings to get it to 700pp but its still more than able to win the race hands down.

I use mainly the XJ13 now, but I use to use the A220

The A220 can do 8 laps quite easily(lap times must be below 4:15(excluding pit in/outlap))
Before the A220, I used the S15 Gr.4
I can do the entire thing with 0 stops(assuming it does not rain)

I drive many different cars there, but the one I have been using the must be the CorvetteC4, tuned up to around PP670(without supercharger)with RH tires and all race cons...when it is not raining I usually go for a two stop strategy(after laps 3 and 5, minor amount of fuel mapping needed in the first 3 laps), RM possible on the two lap stints...
C4 is a very smooth ride and also handles wet roads better than many other FR cars(at least in my universe...)

so many autos to use, boring w/o trying all your garage.
rain through the final lap would be nice. to easy to predict.

Yes and don't be afraid to reduce ai difficulty level so you can drive even more cars. Not like the hard or normal levels are in anyway 'better' than easy, beyond being a bit quicker.

I'd rather do some races on easy, so I can use road cars and variety it brings v using same cars all the time.

I recently figured out that to race the Bugatti Chiron in this race you need to just run it on wet tires with all power settings to minimum. lol. It's still super powerful and will win the races. Like a powerful, luxurious, GT cruiser. LOL!!

GMW
I recently figured out that to race the Bugatti Chiron in this race you need to just run it on wet tires with all power settings to minimum. lol. It's still super powerful and will win the races. Like a powerful, luxurious, GT cruiser. LOL!!
I've run it on RH, just have to do a little gas saving once you get into the lead on Lap 1.

I've run it on RH, just have to do a little gas saving once you get into the lead on Lap 1.
I did that as well but it was a bit of work on the gas saving lol, while the wet even covers whatever random rain storm that may hit.

My choice is a widebody Mk1 Golf tuned to the PP limit. Over 300km/h on stretches and very low fuel consumption. Very light, so it handles and brakes amazingly well. RH on dry tarmac, full rain tires on wet conditions.

Thanks! I'll try the Mk1 Golf out next!

My choice is a widebody Mk1 Golf tuned to the PP limit. Over 300km/h on stretches and very low fuel consumption. Very light, so it handles and brakes amazingly well. RH on dry tarmac, full rain tires on wet conditions.

:D hang on a second, no engine swap?

I think that it is little boring to just one pit stop. You have to drive less time if you make multiple stops.
So driving for a minute or so less in this approx 30 min race effects your enjoyment of the event?

Sounds like you need to choose another race:D

Last edited:
I think that it is little boring to just one pit stop. You have to drive less time if you make multiple stops.
You drive less time if you are slow and do 7 laps instead of 8 on dry or 6 laps instead of 7 on wet... :D

That measurement of enjoyment can be analysed from so many angles...

Haven't had any rain for a few weeks - the rain radar shows that it should be raining, but it's not getting as far as the ground...

At least I don't have to worry about what tyres to put on!

Haven't had any rain for a few weeks - the rain radar shows that it should be raining, but it's not getting as far as the ground...

At least I don't have to worry about what tyres to put on!

What level are you on. A while back I found I was getting no rain all thr time on easy. Barely played this race in months apart from the other day, where it rained for a lap on medium.

B80
What level are you on. A while back I found I was getting no rain all thr time on easy. Barely played this race in months apart from the other day, where it rained for a lap on medium.
I'm on hard, been on that since day 1.

It must be a newish bug, as I've had rain in nearly every race previously - now it shows the rain moving across the radar, but it doesn't actually appear on the track.

It must be a newish bug, as I've had rain in nearly every race previously - now it shows the rain moving across the radar, but it doesn't actually appear on the track.
I went a few days (3 races per day) of bugger all rain. Today I got some heavy rain on one race where the grip level was nearly at the top.

Got it done with the Huracan today. Haywood must be using soft tyres to need to pit every 2 laps, because with hards it easily gets to 4 (FM1 gets about 3 1/2 laps out of the tank)

On hard since day one also here, not been doing this race for some weeks now, raced again last night and exactly as you described, the sky severely overcast, rain on the radar (in my case still far from the track itself) but no actual rain the whole race. A no stop 8 lap race with the Mazda 787b.

Back