Forza Motorsport Update 7 Out Now: Brands Hatch, Retro Racers, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 73 comments
One of my favourites, I'm looking forward to this. I'd like them to add Imola or Monza soon as well. I've never been a fan of Bathurst or Sebring but I have found that the circuits I hated before like Yas Marina and VIR aren't as bad in this game.

We're six months after the release and they're still doing the same crap - adding returning tracks which should've been there since day 1 and preparing time limited events while the career remains barebones. It's like they don't have a lot of resources to spare, because I assume they know it's not the way to make people stay with the game.

^ As soon as they announce a new one, people comment 'Where's...'

Given the only (seemingly truthful) insight we've had about the making of the game, I'm not surprised they're still adding tracks (I don't buy they're holding them back) but I hope they at least add some new ones like Mid-Ohio.

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Motorsport Update 7 to Add Brands Hatch Circuit

The monthly content updates for Forza Motorsport keep on coming, with a fifth new track — Brands Hatch — already announced for the title’s next major update...
Forza Motorsport's failure to incorporate classic tracks from all previous games has left fans disillusioned, especially considering the peak experience offered by Forza Motorsport 4. As someone who switched from PlayStation to Xbox during Forza's prime, I was fortunate to join the Xbox ecosystem at a time when the franchise was thriving. However, upon returning to PlayStation and experiencing GT7, I've come to realize that Gran Turismo excels in delivering the nostalgic track experiences that Forza Motorsport has overlooked. The absence of these cherished tracks in Forza Motorsport, coupled with GT7's superior execution, has highlighted the missed opportunities and disappointment felt by many loyal fans.

I'm ok with the content that has come to the game as long as they don't charge extra for the old tracks. I do believe that after the car pass runs out, we will probably get an expansion pack with a motorsport theme tied to it such as GT2 and a new track that GT2 drives on like Paul Ricard.

Forza Motorsport's failure to incorporate classic tracks from all previous games has left fans disillusioned, especially considering the peak experience offered by Forza Motorsport 4. As someone who switched from PlayStation to Xbox during Forza's prime, I was fortunate to join the Xbox ecosystem at a time when the franchise was thriving. However, upon returning to PlayStation and experiencing GT7, I've come to realize that Gran Turismo excels in delivering the nostalgic track experiences that Forza Motorsport has overlooked. The absence of these cherished tracks in Forza Motorsport, coupled with GT7's superior execution, has highlighted the missed opportunities and disappointment felt by many loyal fans.
Ah yes...

The superior execution of locking cars behind time-limited invitations obtained from loot boxes that require you to grind the same meta event over and over for a week to afford it before your time-limited "invitation" runs out.

Or engine swaps being locked behind loot boxes.

Or the microtransactions.

Nothing is perfect but GT7 was pretty bad at launch and I don't consider either game to have a "superior execution" at their launches.

Not to mention, unlike GT7, that Forza is supported on PC too. Due to PC support you can play Forza Motorsport with all your Playstation wheels and accessories.

As much as some might hate to admit it, there are a few things that Forza Motorsport has done well. A balanced approach to making money across any event and not having to rely on running the same meta event over and over to for a week to buy a care you want. Being able to qualify and choose your starting place in a race. Redone physics engine that feels way more realistic and challenging. There are no cars that are priced out of reach of any player. You don't have to rely on your money to get upgrades for your car and you can use the points you earn to change the upgrades at any time.

The game has many... many problems but it's still a load of fun and still a better racing game than any of the older Forza titles.

We know that the tracks have to have their roads resurfaced due to the new physics engine; part of the reason that many of these tracks were not ready in time for launch. GT7 didn't have a big change to the physics engine due to it being a cross-gen title; this means that the tracks were already capable of being run on GT7's physics engine.

Last edited:
Ah yes...

The superior execution of locking cars behind time-limited invitations obtained from loot boxes that require you to grind the same meta event over and over for a week to afford it before your time-limited "invitation" runs out.

Nothing is perfect but GT7 was pretty bad at launch and I don't consider either game to have a "superior execution" at their launches.

Not to mention, unlike GT7, that Forza is supported on PC too. Due to PC support you can play Forza Motorsport with all your Playstation wheels and accessories.

As much as some might hate to admit it, there are a few things that Forza Motorsport has done well. A balanced approach to making money across any event and not having to rely on running the same meta event over and over to for a week to buy a care you want. Being able to qualify and choose your starting place in a race. Redone physics engine that feels way more realistic and challenging. There are no cars that are priced out of reach of any player. You don't have to rely on your money to get upgrades for your car and you can use the points you earn to change the upgrades at any time.

The game has many... many problems but it's still a load of fun and still a better racing game than any of the older Forza titles.

We know that the tracks have to have their roads resurfaced due to the new physics engine; part of the reason that many of these tracks were not ready in time for launch. GT7 didn't have a big change to the physics engine due to it being a cross-gen title; this means that the tracks were already capable of being run on GT7's physics engine.

Ignore that user, I'm guessing it's a bot, the post sounds like it was generated by chatgpt, they joined, posted within 1min, and haven't been seen since.

My question is, why would you throw bots around criticizing Forza, seems like a very strange target.

Ignore that user, I'm guessing it's a bot, the post sounds like it was generated by chatgpt, they joined, posted within 1min, and haven't been seen since.

My question is, why would you throw bots around criticizing Forza, seems like a very strange target.
There is such a thing as a lurker, I don't assume everyone is a bot or uses ChatGPT to make posts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, no matter if it's their first post or 10000th.

The truth is that you don't write replies to change the mind of the person you are addressing, changing a person's opinion is a herculean effort. You write replies to share an opinion among individuals that may or may not share your opinion. Someone might learn something new or maybe even accept a different perspective. I almost never write replies to only address or speak to a single person.

Last edited:
Ah yes...

Yes, I agree with everything you've said. Both games have indeed fallen short of expectations, and as someone who understands the immense effort behind their creation, I still believe that GT7 and Forza could offer so much more. Despite the continuous feedback from fans regarding desired content, tracks, and cars, it seems like there's a perpetual back-and-forth. It's almost nostalgic to think about the golden era of GT3 and Forza Motorsport 4, where the gaming experience felt more fulfilling.

There is such a thing as a lurker, I don't assume everyone is a bot or uses ChatGPT to make posts.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, no matter if it's their first post or 10000th.

The truth is that you don't write replies to change the mind of the person you are addressing, changing a person's opinion is a herculean effort. You write replies to share an opinion among individuals that may or may not share your opinion. Someone might learn something new or maybe even accept a different perspective. I almost never write replies to only address or speak to a single person.
What a fantastic response well said...we are all gamers at the end of the day

That's fair, however I put both their posts through plagiarism checkers and was not surprised at the result. Being sceptical I put every other post in this thread through and none came back as AI.
I dunno, maybe I shouldn't jump to conclusions, and oxygen is simply using AI to translate better from their native tongue, but it certainly set off some red flags as soon as I read that first post.

Yeah this is fair, I agree with your sentiment

Last edited:

I guess it's been a while since you played as neither of the bolded are true.

Ah yes...

Its not even close to the masterpiece fm4, it has better physics yes but that dosent make it better, better physics and online racing is the only 2 things going for it everthing else is a downgrade campared to previous titles,

Last edited:

While there are some similarities with the writing style of ChatGPT, I've asked ChatGPT quite a few things now, and I wouldn't say that the user's post, when considered as a whole, resembles the output of ChatGPT. Now, maybe it resembles the output of ChatGPT if you ask it to write something from the perspective of a human and give it a description of the characteristics of that human. That isn't something I've done before, so I just asked it this as an experiment:

"Please can you write me some text suitable for posting on a gaming forum. I want it to reflect the views of a human who has played both Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, and is disappointed with the lack of tracks that were in previous Forza Motorsport games."

Here is what it suggested I post:

"I've been a long-time fan of racing sims, dedicating countless hours to mastering the curves of Gran Turismo and the high-speed thrills of Forza Motorsport. Each franchise has its strengths, but today, I want to talk about something that's been grinding my gears with the latest Forza installment.

One of the core elements that always drew me to Forza was the diverse selection of tracks. From the iconic circuits to the lesser-known gems, there was always a new challenge waiting around the next apex. However, in the latest release, I couldn't help but notice the absence of several tracks that were staples in previous games.

Tracks like Maple Valley, Mugello, and the beloved Fujimi Kaido have disappeared from the roster. These tracks weren't just locations; they were the soul of Forza's racing experience, each with a unique character and a special place in our hearts. Their absence feels like a part of the game's identity has been stripped away.

I understand the immense effort that goes into digitally recreating these racing havens, and I appreciate the new additions to the game. But the decision to exclude these classic tracks has left a void for veterans like myself. It's like having a family reunion without some of your favorite relatives – the gathering just doesn't feel complete.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts. Are there any tracks you miss in the latest Forza? Do you think the new tracks make up for the ones we've lost? Let's start a dialogue and maybe, just maybe, our voices will bring our favorite tracks back in future updates or releases."

So it would need some manual editing to remove factual inaccuracies for starters. It's not that bad, though, and I guess the user's post could be generated using a request along the same lines but worded differently to mine.

It has because I sold my PS5 when I finished the career mode because I did not want to invest the time needed to play the game how I wanted. Yes, I did buy a PS5 for the sole purpose of playing GT7.

At the launch of the game, both were true.

(We were commenting on the "exectuion" or launch of the game, not the current state.)

Last edited:
It has because I sold my PS5 when I finished the career mode because I did not want to invest the time needed to play the game how I wanted. Yes, I did buy a PS5 for the sole purpose of playing GT7.

At the launch of the game, both were true.
Pretty much what I did. Was it not for Forza Horizon existing then I'd have regretted doing so for Motorsport.

(We were commenting on the "exectuion" or launch of the game, not the current state.)
"Execution" and "launch" are two different things, and the word "launch" doesn't appear in either post until after the section I quoted.

Additionally, the first of the two wasn't even true then: Invitation cars just aren't that expensive that they required, at launch, a week's worth of "grinding". You could do it in one to three hours of grinding - which is the same as now, actually; it's a little more efficient now and there's more ways to do it than repeating a three-minute lap of Fishermans Ranch 20 times, but 1m to 1.5m an hour is pretty much all anyone can earn.

It feels like you're confusing the Invitation-only cars with the Legends cars, some of which are just under six times as expensive as - and require six times as much "grinding" as - the most expensive Invitation car, but aren't "lock[ed] ... behind time-limited invitations obtained from loot boxes".

Both games have and had enough gnarly flaws that we don't need to allow fictional ones to be part of the conversation too.

Oh really? Strange cause this is much my experiense too. Grinding like crazy for overpriced legends in GT7 + stupid unreachable engineswaps hidden in secret boxes. And yeah I sold my PS too

Grinding like crazy for overpriced legends in GT7
Legend cars, yes. Invitation cars, no:
As I just said:
It feels like you're confusing the Invitation-only cars with the Legends cars, some of which are just under six times as expensive as - and require six times as much "grinding" as - the most expensive Invitation car, but aren't "lock[ed] ... behind time-limited invitations obtained from loot boxes".
If you have zero credits, the most expensive Invitation car will take you a little over three hours to grind the cash for it - although there are other, quicker ways of earning money if you're yet to complete some of the one-time awards, or you're not terrible and it's a Wednesday evening.

Legends cars, sure - although again, mostly they're in a similar price and time range. Really it's the 20 most expensive cars that massively skew that, costing 220m credits between them and just under half the entire cost of buying all the cars...

stupid unreachable engineswaps hidden in secret boxes
Engine swaps are now buyable for all eligible cars at Collector Level 50, as of update 1.34 in May 2023. They're also still available through tickets.

One of big complaints of this game on its release was it was missing all these tracks, now where complaining that there releasing these tracks, theres a no win.
One of the users is just a constant nay-sayer who has admitted he's never touched the game.

They choose to not consider that it's not like the tracks are copy-and-pasted from FM7, so they're obviously spending time re-working them than "holding them back". The 'Ring is quite clearly been massively updated & Yas Marina is now with the new layout from F1. I didn't play Brands Hatch or Hockenheim much on FM7, so I don't know how different they are/will be, but the tracks are also now accommodating weather & time of day, something that was limited depending on the track and luck of the draw when you loaded into them.

And they're free, so they can be taken as a gesture of good will to community.

My Forza Motorsport experience for the last couple of months has basically just been signing on each Thursday to check out the new car, and then not touch till the next Thursday. Returning circuits aren’t drawing me in to playing the game, the only circuits that have interested me at all have been the new to series tracks like Mid Ohio and Kyalami, and the updated Yas Marina. Doesn’t help that the returning circuits have also been tracks that I’ve played countless times on other games too, whereas I’ve never played anything else with Mid Ohio and Kyalami.

So, for the car pass, we may most likely get the McMurtry Speirling that was intended for last update but got replaced by the Silvia Super Silhouette.

This leaves us with 2 new to Forza wildcards. I'm speculating either the Dekon Monza, Camaro TA, Giulietta BTCC or something from the past FH5/FH4 leaks.

Last edited:
Back