Forza Motorsport Update 7 Out Now: Brands Hatch, Retro Racers, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 73 comments
Engine swaps are now buyable for all eligible cars at Collector Level 50, as of update 1.34 in May 2023. They're also still available through tickets.

The point her is how the game actually is presented when launched, not how it might become "years" later. FM23 might become a good game somewhere out in the future* for all I know, but by then; how many players will remain?

Turn10`s strategy is kind of a suicide-strategy in my eyes; first a far from finished product that needs lots of fixes and a lot of patience AND does great damage to their reputation. On top of that the lack of tracks (& cars) wich means even more waiting & patience.

*I do not really believe this will happen, don`t think they have neither the ability nor the will to straighten up the AI "drivatars" into something decent. The AI in FM23 is without any doubt the worst I have ever seen in any game.

The point her is how the game actually is presented when launched
Okay... but the post you were responding to stated "I guess it's been a while since you played as neither of the bolded are true." and there were two interim posts explaining how the changes have made them untrue.

And, as described in those posts, the first part was untrue even at launch. The Invitation cars just didn't require that much grinding. The Legends, sure, but the guy said Invitation cars - and specifically those as he was talking about the month-long duration of Invitations - and they've never required more than 3hr even for the most expensive. It was a worse 3hr at launch (Fishermans Ranch 60 times, woo) compared to now, but that's all. Also the Invitations suck and I've covered how hard they suck at length (including quite recently).

The AI in FM23 is without any doubt the worst I have ever seen in any game.
I wouldn't necessarily go that far but it is, like everything else in FM23, inconsistent.

But at least you can qualify and you aren't forced to start behind some ridiculously fast rabbit cars that at some point forget how to go fast so that you can catch them.

No, wait.

So, for the car pass, we may most likely get the McMurtry Speirling that was intended for last update but got replaced by the Silvia Super Silhouette.

This leaves us with 2 new to Forza wildcards. I'm speculating either the Dekon Monza, Camaro TA, Giulietta BTCC or something from the past FH5/FH4 leaks.
From what I remember from the original leaked list around when the game launched the only cars that remain thats not included yet is the few you mentioned along with the 2019 Mazda DPi, a 2017 Aston V8 Vantage GTE, a Volvo c30 Polestar, 2 Nascars from Hendrick motorsports, and I think there was a 2012 F1 car listed too. It could be any of those too or T10 might just save all of these we both listed and pull two other cars that were never leaked. All I hope for is at least 2 race/track cars though.

I read a couple of people would like to see Sonoma added. I had to look that one up and found it was called Infineon last time I saw that in a game. Excellent track with off camber corners and blind summit. Yes please.
I would prefer to see Donington Park over Brands. I guess that's in 2 wheel games though.
Not sure why I'm not keen on Brands, apart from I can't get a consistent lap. Ah, question answered, it me not the track ;>)

I would prefer to see Donington Park over Brands.
Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I'd be happy at that point in terms of British tracks.

I read a couple of people would like to see Sonoma added. I had to look that one up and found it was called Infineon last time I saw that in a game. Excellent track with off camber corners and blind summit. Yes please.
I would prefer to see Donington Park over Brands. I guess that's in 2 wheel games though.
Not sure why I'm not keen on Brands, apart from I can't get a consistent lap. Ah, question answered, it me not the track ;>)
Sonoma is quite underrated I think. Good elevation change, good flow, and overall a good challenge to drive, plus it's used by a variety of series in real life from Indycar, NASCAR and whatever the hell World Challenge is called nowadays, to even hosting WTCC at one point, plus plenty of grassroots stuff.

I try to like Donington, but I suck at turn 1 and Coppice in the games I've run it in, plus online I've been wrecked by stupid moves at that track probably more than any other track in PC2 so I almost always have a frustrating experience there. It's without a doubt a great track though.

If I was choosing BTCC tracks, I'd put Knockhill in first, then Oulton Park, then Donington... Even if overall Donington would probably be the most sensible/safest choice out of the 3, I just love Knockhill so much and we have so few good short tracks, plus it's one of the few tracks in the world that is actually run backwards too, which would be interesting.

The AI in FM23 is without any doubt the worst I have ever seen in any game.

I spent the weekend finishing up the café menu books on a new account in GT7, the AI there is dull as bricks, the only thing it has going for it is that they won't make any spontaneous line changes, but I had many spins from the AI gently pit manoeuvring me if I dared to be on the same line as them.

(Me, yelling about the AI-drivatars)
I wouldn't necessarily go that far but it is, like everything else in FM23, inconsistent.

But at least you can qualify and you aren't forced to start behind some ridiculously fast rabbit cars that at some point forget how to go fast so that you can catch them.

No, wait.

Just ran a 50-lap R-class at Road America where I drive "for a while" and then let AI-Bob take his turn. The race went just fine until I took over for Bob after his first pitstop. I went off on cold tyres and rewinded twice until I got it right. That rewind sent more than 90% of the drivatars off the track, it was total chaos.

I`ve noticed how this happens from cocpiotwiev when Bob is driving. It seems like if the Ai-driver misses one apex he (or she?) isn`t able to compensate and recover the mistake but totally looses it and goes off the track. Never seen AI this bad in any game, and I don`t think thise inbreeds at turn10 has the skills to fix this mess.

AI are kind of ok in pre-tuned racecars as long as we do not rewind. They are tragicly helpless in hotted up roadcars* and even stock roadcars goes off the track when it`s wet.

And another strange thing; different cars chooses a different racelines, and some cars are simply programmed to go off the track at certain places at certain tracks. Man, who came up with this?

* Does AI run random tunes? Without any quality control? I`ve tryed to make up some good setups for some of the more difficult cars and I can recognise them in some races

I find it hilarious how the title can't parse "&", yet it's featured because of the ampersand's unparsed info being shown as "&"... :lol:

Edit: Thread got merged, so you can ignore this. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Now, if they could just update the replay seating position so the 1960s drivers are no longer the size of your average 8 year old, but rather an actual adult, that's be great. I know the drivers are getting younger and younger, but that's a bit much 😳

Instead of having to wait for these featured events each time, the addition of Event Lists such as was in FM3 & FM4 would make this a more proper career mode, at the moment it feels like GT with only the seasonal events.
With the Event List from the previous games, there was just about a event for every car in the game plus some endurance races.

Better than GT7???
Each game has its positives and negatives. I prefer FM due to the physics, better controller experience, the rivals mode, and the fact I can run it on my PC at 120fps, whereas GT7 doesn't even hold 60fps on my PS4 Pro. GT7 undoubtedly has qualities that people who prefer that could list, such as better multiplayer matchmaking, longer more strategic single player content, radar to show nearby cars, hybrid discharge/recharge simulation, better car models, VR support etc.

Back