Gran Turismo 7 Bug Reports

Porsche VGT rear decal is missing in livery editor:

View attachment 1323723View attachment 1323724
@gregguh
It's a light, in livery editor it's invisible anyway though.
45155c4f1a3e052e98275da9f83e1060_photo.png

On the Genesis X livery-topic:
Same, absolutely horrid

Did this, didn't work.. Gutted :-(

Edit: okay, just figured out it does work if i edit someone else's design. I just can't make and apply my own 😱
Yesterday I received one X VGT on a viewers camapaign ticket: not able to save or upload a custom livery.

Today: received a second one as a gift on the same campaign. (!)
This one could be saved and uploaded.

A bit unexpected…
…but whatever the issue is - or was - it appears to (have?) be(en) triggered by something other than a status as a viewers campaign gift car.

It looks good in dark green tho :)

Attachments

• IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
That isn't a bug, the first ticket had problems with saving liveries so it was reissued to everyone again with the bug for the liveries fixed so we can customise our liverys without loosing them.
i didn't state it was a bug. you do

So,did PD wipe the ranking board for CE times ?
I just noticed my times are all gone from friends list,and it shows my time at the starting page but it usually a silver time even though i have all gold in each segment including full lap...

Might experienced a bug which I cannot reproduce unfortunately.

Started the Jimny Race at LakeLouise via the MenuBook and after that it didn't take account to the weekly challenge and therefore had to do it again to get the weekly challenge point done.

Might experienced a bug which I cannot reproduce unfortunately.

Started the Jimny Race at LakeLouise via the MenuBook and after that it didn't take account to the weekly challenge and therefore had to do it again to get the weekly challenge point done.

Me too, had to do it again and then it registered, strange.

Hello,

Seems that automatic grid order setting "Slowest First" is not working in lobby. It only locks grid order and lobby owner is always first driver to start.
Moved couple of weeks ago from Sport to GT7 lobbys and this was great option to keep open lobby interesting for all drivers.
Only way i can adjusting grid is to do it manually but this is not very handy way if there is multiple drivers in lobby.
Also because i have this former experience from GT Sport this feels quite annoying.

So am i just missing something or is this just a bug that is waiting to be fixed.

Hello,

Seems that automatic grid order setting "Slowest First" is not working in lobby. It only locks grid order and lobby owner is always first driver to start.
Moved couple of weeks ago from Sport to GT7 lobbys and this was great option to keep open lobby interesting for all drivers.
Only way i can adjusting grid is to do it manually but this is not very handy way if there is multiple drivers in lobby.
Also because i have this former experience from GT Sport this feels quite annoying.

So am i just missing something or is this just a bug that is waiting to be fixed.
This feature ranks players by their qualifying or (if there's no qualifying) practice times. Is everyone setting a lap time before the race starts?

This feature ranks players by their qualifying or (if there's no qualifying) practice times. Is everyone setting a lap time before the race starts?
Thank you for your answer.

I was hoping that this should work same logic as in gt Sport. -> Last session determines times for the game to arrange next session.
No qualifying used because idea in our lobbies was to simply make short races and various tracks. Also because peoples come and go it is often hard to find group that is willing to stay in lobby if there is multiple requirements.
Jus wanna keep things simple and focus on racing.

I think that qualifying or practice it is not very "sport" oriented requirement for this reverse setting because this means that driver should qualify poorly to get 1st grid???
When looking last session like in GT Sport everyone is still trying to get their best results in every race but reverse setting is giving everyone to some kind of chance for the race.
I´m not quite getting why last session could not be as notable factor as qualifying in this case. Setting last session results also to remarkable factor should not take anything away from this current setup. Only giving something more for everyone.

I know that this is not this forums problem but this is pretty much only place to put our wishes for this game.
I appreciate your answer very much and it is good to know that there is some explanation behind this feature.
Still willing to think there is possibility to make this setting more meaningful for larger group of drivers.

Last edited:
Never seen this before.

20240204111319.jpg

I'd powered up the PS5 after it'd gone to sleep the night before. The screen was still on a TT page. I'm guessing it had something to do with a time out..

Anyone else having this issue??? Since the new update, I’ve had a continuous streak of missing out on league races (including money leagues) due to the stupid error code ce-900301. I’ve reset everything that I can possibly reset, manually input the stuff for the hardwire internet connection, and pretty much everything else you can think of. I’m just about to give up and not touch GT7 until a new update comes out…months from now.

this has been a bug for a while (unless its by design???)

When using an H-shifter AND using the clutch, when you pit in a race, on pit exit the game drops you to neutral on handover from auto-drive. It does not engage whatever gear you’ve chosen before exiting the pit, so you have to wait for neutral and re-select.

If you use the H-shifter without using the clutch (auto clutch) it does work properly - whatever gear is engaged on exit will be used.

Only if using the clutch while shifting is this an issue. Does not happen on race start, as you have not yet used the clutch.

Since few days, in each race with fuel limit, someone forgot to go to pot and finish at 80km/h until the end. It's very dangerous (I can make 10 turn more than him)

Since few days, in each race with fuel limit, someone forgot to go to pot and finish at 80km/h until the end. It's very dangerous (I can make 10 turn more than him)
Okay. How is that a bug though?

It's not normal. They should not forgot the existence of pit. This lead to very dangerous behavior that can make you lose if you Hurt them at 300km/h.
People not pitting isn't a bug.

205 Turbo (Gr.b) has a very BAD physics wheel clipping-through floor issue that's not shown in replay, only gameplay; seems the replay mode uses different physics..

How to reproduce: Install the mid turbo (721hp), use racing hard tyres, Drop the suspension, then take it to northern Isle, the car's right side wheels will bounce as it keeps clipping into the ground (tyre sidewall goes into the ground with the rims) , sending you into the wall or oversteering you as the "glitched suspension" will rebound you off your racing line.

Also, the Celica Grb car will always spin out on this track when driven by the AI, kind of funny to watch (do a group B race here). It's a smokeshow. Don't know if either bugs are new due to the 1.42 update but buggy nonetheless

for the clipping issue, Could be avoided by stiffening springs and ride hieght increase? But I haven't bothered to try that, it's a funny glitch. Either way, not realistic behaviour whatsoever to have a quarter of the wheel beneath the tarmac. If anything the car should spin out and slow down when forces are too great for the suspension or tyres to handle and wheel well contact should be simulated here.. the Tyres and rims should not clip into the ground to this extent.

EDIT: after more testing, replay is using a combination of different physics and/or animations

I raced then checked the replay of my race. Here's what I found:
  • The wheel tucks into the body completely in replay mode, more suspension travel. and the car bottoms out, sparks fly
  • However in gameplay mode the wheel does not tuck into the body as far (lack of suspension compression travel), the car does not bottom out, no sparks, the rear right wheel itself just clips a good 40 centimetres into the ground instead of compressing the suspension further like it should (as shown in replay).
  • Either incorrect suspension animations used in gameplay, different physics simulation or a combination of the two between the replay and gameplay modes. Probably a combination and/or the frequency of the tire/wheel model physics simulation is lower than expected or volatile in this circumstance. Case closed. There was a similar clipping bug in GT6 and GT Sport, but it was for a different car, might have been the pontiac trans am, with front wheel clipping the ground IIRC.

Last edited:
Ran some Custom Races at Northern Isle and The Glen. I picked every car on the grid from my garage. There were liveries on a few that weren’t mine. The cars that I was driving had their liveries removed and replaced with plain paint jobs. I usually use bumper cam, noticing it when switching camera views.Weird.

Ran some Custom Races at Northern Isle and The Glen. I picked every car on the grid from my garage. There were liveries on a few that weren’t mine. The cars that I was driving had their liveries removed and replaced with plain paint jobs. I usually use bumper cam, noticing it when switching camera views.Weird.
I have had this happen a few times myself when I run any grid higher than 16 and each car has a custom design. I feel it is mostly a memory issue more than anything, because if you have that exact race setup saved, quit and reload the event with the same grid, all cars will show what they should.

I would like to report a bug, I just engine swapped my '69 Fairlady Z and wanted tl test it, tried it on the Tokyo Expressway Japanese Clubman Cup 550; the thing is that the car is like a magnet; it keeps yeeting itself towards the walls, once stuck, the only way to get out of it is to come to a complete stop.

BUG REPORT:
AI ignores the Yellow flag warnings...

When PD implemented 1.42 they added this :
2. Physics Simulation Model
 - The stability of rival cars in wet conditions has been adjusted.
and when they did, it changed the behavior of the AI. The AI now ignores any Yellow Flag warnings. Prior to 1.42 the AI would slow down and sometimes down to a stop and a crawl when the Yellow Flag warning was issued and now (just discovered this recently) they continue on and pass like normal. Please watch video as proof.

I would like to report a bug, I just engine swapped my '69 Fairlady Z and wanted tl test it, tried it on the Tokyo Expressway Japanese Clubman Cup 550; the thing is that the car is like a magnet; it keeps yeeting itself towards the walls, once stuck, the only way to get out of it is to come to a complete stop.
please submit video of bug here, thank you.

BUG REPORT:
AI ignores the Yellow flag warnings...

When PD implemented 1.42 they added this :
2. Physics Simulation Model
 - The stability of rival cars in wet conditions has been adjusted.
and when they did, it changed the behavior of the AI. The AI now ignores any Yellow Flag warnings. Prior to 1.42 the AI would slow down and sometimes down to a stop and a crawl when the Yellow Flag warning was issued and now (just discovered this recently) they continue on and pass like normal. Please watch video as proof.

Did you watch the replay of the AI? Could they have been on racing slicks and tried to slow? Certainly looked like a few of them crashed into each other!

Last edited:
Back