Gran Turismo 7 Custom Race thread

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 2,154 comments
There was no Chaparral 2F either for my next expensive custom race, so I had to do it by myself again. Fortunately, the liveries of the time were often very light. Now I "just" need to farm for 3 more Ferrari 330 SP...

Here is the newcomer, completing the real Three Legendary Cars :

View attachment 1348576

#chaparral #lemans #1967
:dopey:
I take it you mean light liveries as in not overly busy or complex? I like those types of liveries, so clean and easy to differentiate one car from another.

When I have to choose like that I usually look at race results from certain races for my starting grid.
Same thing, eventually the starting grid or a mix of both. For some rosters like the Group C cars, I have several custom race setups depending on which cars I want to see or not.
I take it you mean light liveries as in not overly busy or complex? I like those types of liveries, so clean and easy to differentiate one car from another.
That's what I meant yes, in addition to being easier to replicate when your aren't an artist.
Indeed, they look beautiful and refined. Cars from this era have something unique, and their liveries are one of the reasons.

More testing of my grid.

I added the Alphard Executive Lounge as a spec semi class since I didn't wanna leave it out.

Liveries are by the community I just add a number to it if doesn't have one.

In total the grid will have.

x4 Tundra
x4 F150
x4 Urus
x8 Alphard - semi- class
Gran Turismo® 7_20240422102207.jpg

I have a question I was thinking of making a grid with the following cars.

Mono 2011
X-Bow R 2012
SR3 SL 2011

My worry is they may not be competitive with each other.

As anyone try a grid with this 3 cars?

Last edited:
I have a question I was thinking of making a grid with the following cars.

Mono 2011
X-Bow R 2012
SR3 SL 2011

My worry is they may not be competitive with each other.

As anyone try a grid with this 3 cars?
Geez. Probably in the first year of the game. From what I can recall of a race I made at Goodwood, the BAC Mono was quicker than both. The Radical couldn’t keep up. Wouldn’t hurt to buy one of each and add RH to find out.

Agreed. Especially that the '60's and 70's cars had 3-speed automatics. Some older GM cars had the 2-speed Powerglide. The manual cars had 3-speed or 4-speed gearboxes.
Yeah, I’m going to build a few more and leave the tuning to just the racing exhaust and ECU. At the moment in my Daytona 24H, the Chevelles(I have AI using duplicates) are a bit too fast. Even pulling away from the GTB/4s.
The Chevelle is pretty darn stable on the oval. Boss 429 is the King in this class, but I’ll see how they all go.

Hello guys
I would like to know which cars I can use for a 60s (even some 50s Race Cars) LM grid (bought the 330 P4 Today :D)

Appart from this cars:
2x Ferrari 330 P4
2x Ford Mark IV
2x Jaguar XJ13
1x de-tuned Chapparal 2J
?x Ford GT40 Mark I
?x Alpine A220
?x Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2

What cars can I choose

PS: The car I would like to use is a Alfa Giulia Sprint GT Veloce

Last edited:
Hello guys
I would like to know which cars I can use for a 60s (even some 50s Race Cars) LM grid (bought the 330 P4 Today :D)

Appart from this cars:
2x Ferrari 330 P4
2x Ford Mark IV
2x Jaguar XJ13
1x de-tuned Chapparal 2J
?x Ford GT40 Mark I
?x Alpine A220
?x Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2

What cars can I choose

PS: The car I would like to use is a Alfa Giulia Sprint GT Veloce
Add a Dana Chevrolet Corvette C2 to your list.

This is the best livery I've found so far for that car:

I also considered a Chaparral 2J but it has no headlights, so I went for a Chaparral livery on a detuned 917k. Beware it has a bad fuel economy.

Add a Dana Chevrolet Corvette C2 to your list.

This is the best livery I've found so far for that car:

I also considered a Chaparral 2J but it has no headlights, so I went for a Chaparral livery on a detuned 917k. Beware it has a bad fuel economy.
The Dana Corvette could be a good car in the grid 👍
Sadly I don't own a 917K, so I am forced to use the 2J :(

Last edited:
Another question refered to everyone:

What type of livery I can use for the GT40? (would prefer a private livery)
They are a lot and I don't know all of them so I will only quote the one I selected.

Scuderia Filipinetti :
GT40_5-1024x682.jpg

Ford France SA :
Ford-GT40-16-Scalextric.jpg

John Wyer :
Ford_GT40_at_Mille_Miglia_2012.jpg

Holman & Moody :
Ford_GT_Holman_Moody_11.jpg

Except Ford France, all of them entered a lot of cars with different liveries.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah, I’m going to build a few more and leave the tuning to just the racing exhaust and ECU. At the moment in my Daytona 24H, the Chevelles(I have AI using duplicates) are a bit too fast. Even pulling away from the GTB/4s.
The Chevelle is pretty darn stable on the oval. Boss 429 is the King in this class, but I’ll see how they all go.
I bought 4 Chevelles. I tuned one using Mr. P.’s GTO tune. I used all power upgrades and all weight reductions. No blower. It’s rock-solid at speed and under braking,too. When Mr. P and BigMull fine-tune it, it’ll be great.

I’m annoyed you can’t do anything really to the new Afeela Prototype, which I guess makes sense because it’s a test car and not a production car. But I really wanted to throw a big wing on it, do some suspension, brake and weight upgrades, and add it to the Electric GT class I’m working on with the Taycan and two Teslas.

Hello everyone
I'm just sharing with you the provisional grid for my Custom Race

Prototype TeamsCarNLeaderboard NameDriver 1Driver 2
Shelby American FordMark IV Race Car '671Shelby Ford #1K. MilesAJ Foyt
Shelby American FordMark IV Race Car '672Shelby Ford #2B. McLarenC. Amon
Holman & MoodyGT40 Mark I '664H & M #4M. AndrettiM. Donohue
Holman & MoodyGT40 Mark I '665H & M #5R. BucknumD. Hutcherson
Jaguar CarsXJ13 '6612Jaguar #12R. SalvadoriT. Rolt
Jaguar CarsXJ13 '6613Jaguar #13M. HawthornI. Bueb
SEFAC Ferrari330 P4 '6720SEFAC #20L. ScarfiottiM. Parkes
SEFAC Ferrari330 P4 '6721SEFAC #21J. GuichetL. Bandini
Chapparal Cars2J '7066Chapparal #66P. HillM. Spence
Alpine RenaultA220 Race Car '6829Alpine #29J. VinatierA. de Cortanze
Alpine RenaultA220 Race Car '6830Alpine #30J-L. TherierJ-P. Jabouille
Alpine RenaultA220 Race Car '68220
Alpine #220​
J-P. NicolasJ-C. Andruet

GT TeamsCarNLeaderboard NameDriver 1Driver 2
Jaguar CarsE-type Coupe '618Jaguar #8P. SargentP. Lumsden
Dana ChevroletSting Ray Sport Coupe (C2) '639Dana Corvette #9B. BondurantD. Guldstrand
AutodeltaGIULIA TZ2 ZAGATO '6541Autodelta #41N. VaccarellaJ. Rolland
AutodeltaGIULIA TZ2 ZAGATO '6542Autodelta #42R. BussinelloH. Muller
AutodeltaGiulia Sprint GT Veloce '67100Autodelta #100SM_Marti
Porsche KGCarrera GTS (904) '6431Porsche KG #31H. LingeH. Herrmann
Porsche KGCarrera GTS (904) '64904Porsche KG #904G. KlassR. Stommelen
Abarth595 Esseesse '70500Abarth #500M. ZanettiU. Locatelli

Last edited:
Sorry for Double Post,
Made now a run with the grid and to be honest I expected the race much worser.
Here are the results
  • The Ford Mark IV has some problems on Standing Starts which completely nerf it for the rest of the race :(
  • The Porsche 904 was a little bit faster than the other cars, but sometimes the Alfa TZ2 can still be in contention
  • By completely nerfing the 2J, I saw that in some races it can went from 10th to 1st, but at the end of the lap it's just 2 secs front of the other Prototypes,
and in some others it can't even take the win:eek:
  • The GT40 was keeping up the pace with the other prototypes
  • The E-type was a little bit slower in the first part, but catched the group in the last few sectors
  • My car, with a little of adjustments, was going at the same pace as the TZ2, Corvette and E-type

Bonus:
- The 595 was incredibly slow :lol:

Back