GT Planet WRC League

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 647 comments
A poor drive from me. A half roll into the bushes on SS1 and reset penalties on SS2&4. Happy that I finished IN 3RD at the end all though I doubt that will stand when others finish. My strategy of not practicing worked for Sweden and Portugal not much so here. Looking forward to Corsica.

1708287735849.png

Last edited:
Had a couple of oopsies on stage 2, although my biggest mistake was not paying enough attention to the services; too used to the medium stage career layout (back to back for stage 3 and 4) I went with hard tyres initially and left them on, thinking I would change to mediums for the last 2 stages...

Had a couple of oopsies on stage 2, although my biggest mistake was not paying enough attention to the services; too used to the medium stage career layout (back to back for stage 3 and 4) I went with hard tyres initially and left them on, thinking I would change to mediums for the last 2 stages...
Like to throw a curveball in every now and then. ;)

And with the final results for Mexico I achieved one of my objectives for this season........

A stage win : ✅ (I owned San Diego :sly::D)

But now...........Corsica.........everyone, pray to your God right now before it's too late :ill:

For the information and fairness of everyone: I was the 1st to do Corsica and I was going into oblivion during Monte Alloradu, but I press start fast enough and I respawn with a 7 seconds penalty; I feel super ashamed :guilty:

@MagpieRacer, I don't know if what I've done was legal in the scheme of thing but if you want to DQ me from this rally, I will accept it; if not then my action clearly now give permission to the others to do the same thing, for this rally at least :indiff:

Video coming tomorrow like always :rolleyes:

Immagine 2024-02-24 183727.jpg

Last edited:
For the information and fairness of everyone: I was the 1st to do Corsica and I was going into oblivion during Monte Alloradu, but I press start fast enough and I respawn with a 7 seconds penalty; I feel super ashamed :guilty:

@MagpieRacer, I don't know if what I've done was legal in the scheme of thing but if you want to DQ me from this rally, I will accept it; if not then my action clearly now give permission to the others to do the same thing, for this rally at least :indiff:

View attachment 1331051
It seems @Hasnain282 was unfortunate just like me, in the same stage, and did the same thing :boggled::lol:

Anyway, here's the visual representation of what happened yesterday ;)

View attachment 1331051
It happens, you're big enough to admit it may have been on the edge. The game can still DNF you despite resetting quickly so take it as a let off from the game that you could carry on 👍.

It happens, you're big enough to admit it may have been on the edge. The game can still DNF you despite resetting quickly so take it as a let off from the game that you could carry on 👍.
Yeah, I know, it happened to me some times, you need to have quick reflexes :lol:
Mine was at the 6 left a few corners before the end 😭😭😭😭
Even if it was a quick left......you trusted an easy corner........on Corsica.......never do that again :ill::P

Last edited:
Hands up who crashed on the first corner of the rally 🙋‍♂️

5 right I thought I could take a bit of speed through but I dropped the left rear off the edge of the road and sent it tumbling into the ravine, short rally!

I had a big moment on the last stage, grinded the low wall on the outside, I thought I was going to fall off but just managed to get it back on track. Was lucky to finish the stage.

1708874136272.png

I'm glad I made it to the end, left a bit of time in each stage to make sure to get to the end for my "home" event. Though the last stage was tricky, especially on hard tires which I never used before then, so wasn't quite sure of the grip levels.

I had a big moment on the last stage, grinded the low wall on the outside, I thought I was going to fall off but just managed to get it back on track. Was lucky to finish the stage.

View attachment 1331572

I'm glad I made it to the end, left a bit of time in each stage to make sure to get to the end for my "home" event. Though the last stage was tricky, especially on hard tires which I never used before then, so wasn't quite sure of the grip levels.
You're still on fire, nonetheless 🔥

You're still on fire, nonetheless 🔥
Thanks, you're doing quite well yourself too! I've driven these stages a lot by now so that helps a lot. I might have been overly conservative and also made a couple errors so I don't expect to stay on top though.

I also finally found a good setup route for these FWD cars, to get rid of the twitchyness under braking. If anyone else is interested, I push the braking diff settings almost all the way up, but keep the brake balance at a forward bias around 60%, that way you get a lot more stability under braking, but can still rotate the car if you brake extra hard. It's worked well for me so far. :)

... Aaaand I just joined the DNF club near the end of stage 3.

I've given up hope of even getting a point in this championship. Feel like jacking the whole thing in at this point...

Sadly my participation might be put into question too, But not through choice. My Controller has developed some severe stick drift on the left analogue stick. I hadn't played WRC for a few days and I was having some odd inputs on the menus of other games and was Hoping it was nothing or a dodgy cable or something. I decided to try and complete Corsica and see how bad it is as there's no way I'll get a new controller before It ends but there was no use.

The car was steering by itself to the left very abruptly every 5 - 10 seconds which was impossible to predict or foresee. It caused me to go flying off into the valley on SS2 so much that I was surprised that it let me off with a 30sec penalty. Then it seemed to get worse there onwards. Sure enough a check in the settings and deadzones Etc shows large inputs on the left stick that I'm indeed not making. I wanted to keep going as any points would be useful especially if I get a new controller and continue but there was no point, I could hardly keep it in a straight line not to mention taking chunks out of every sods house going through the village :lol:

Sorry to @MagpieRacer and everyone competing, Normally I wouldn't think twice about replacing a controller but I've put so much dosh towards my PC setup/Gaming recently its come at a bad time. If I come across a good deal I will find it hard to resist I feel though :lol:

Last edited:
Sadly my participation might be put into question too, But not through choice. My Controller has developed some severe stick drift on the left analogue stick. I hadn't played WRC for a few days and I was having some odd inputs on the menus of other games and was Hoping it was nothing or a dodgy cable or something. I decided I just as well try and complete Corsica and see how bad it is but there was no use.

The car was steering by itself to the left very abruptly every 5 - 10 seconds which was impossible to predict or foresee. It caused me to go flying off into the valley on SS2 so much that I was surprised that it let me off with a 30sec penalty. Then it seemed to get worse there onwards. Sure enough a check in the settings and deadzones Etc shows large inputs on the left stick that I'm indeed not making. I wanted to keep going as any points would be useful especially if I get a new controller and continue but there was no point, I could hardly keep it in a straight line not to mention taking chunks out of every sods house going through the village :lol:

Sorry to @MagpieRacer and everyone competing, Normally I wouldn't think twice about replacing a controller but I've put so much dosh towards my PC setup/Gaming recently its come at a bad time. If I come across a good deal I will find it hard to resist I feel though :lol:
If there's a Cex near where you live they do controller repairs for under £30 (don't remember the exact price), I've had controllers repaired from them previously with no issue.

The other option is to play on the directional buttons if that's possible 😂

Sadly my participation might be put into question too, But not through choice. My Controller has developed some severe stick drift on the left analogue stick. I hadn't played WRC for a few days and I was having some odd inputs on the menus of other games and was Hoping it was nothing or a dodgy cable or something. I decided to try and complete Corsica and see how bad it is as there's no way I'll get a new controller before It ends but there was no use.

One of mine has stick drift, very annoying.

These are great, please come back 😅

If there's a Cex near where you live they do controller repairs for under £30 (don't remember the exact price), I've had controllers repaired from them previously with no issue.

The other option is to play on the directional buttons if that's possible 😂
If it costs anything close to 30 I'd prefer to just add a tenner and get a brand new one to be honest. I can't complain really Its lasted me a good while and even though I do look after my stuff it does get plenty of use.

As for using D-pad, I stubbornly continued to use the Dpad on PS2 for years when I was a kid because I was so used to it on the PS1/X and the Sticks felt so weird to me when ever I tried to use them 😄

Don't think It would do me much good nowadays though 😊

Last edited:
My trip to Corsica was somewhat short-lived as I promptly threw it into the scenery at the end of SS1. Shame as I usually enjoy the challenge of this rally. My post-Portugal switch to the Puma has conveniently timed itself with an awful run of form :lol:

My trip to Corsica was somewhat short-lived as I promptly threw it into the scenery at the end of SS1. Shame as I usually enjoy the challenge of this rally. My post-Portugal switch to the Puma has conveniently timed itself with an awful run of form :lol:
As suspected, this rally is a slaughterhouse ☠️ Only 8 finished for the moment, only @ZeroTheNorth is missing for the top guys, unless he failed too and we don't know it yet :rolleyes:

I was running this with mostly stock settings, by and large it was a twitchy, horrible mess. At least once I had to save myself from a certain yeet into the gorge, not to mention a second occasion on S4 where I ran wide, caught some rather innocuous stones and ended up doing a slow-motion somersault;

Front flip.png

And that's without including the monumental brainfart I had 100m before the end of the power stage when I went straight down an escape road. I'm glad that one is over...

As suspected, this rally is a slaughterhouse ☠️ Only 8 finished for the moment, only @ZeroTheNorth is missing for the top guys, unless he failed too and we don't know it yet :rolleyes:
I was busy lately, but had a go today. And off the road on SS4 and had to retire. :scared: These stages are hell, and i was not pushing just trying to get to the finish. Ah well, atleast this one is out of the way. xD

Is it possible to vote for individual rallies to be excluded from future championships? Asking for a friend.

If not, the next time Rally Mediterraneo de Muerte comes up I'm gonna do it at 5mph. And probably still fall off the cliff when a 3 right is called as a 4 right and my worn tyres slip. C'mon, nobody likes this kind of thing, right?

SolidGalahmb.gif

Last edited:
Is it possible to vote for individual rallies to be excluded from future championships? Asking for a friend.

If not, the next time Rally Mediterraneo de Muerte comes up I'm gonna do it at 5mph. And probably still fall off the cliff when a 3 right is called as a 4 right and my worn tyres slip. C'mon, nobody likes this, right?
I'll make sure Mediterraneo takes a break from the GTP league for a while 😅.

And that's without including the monumental brainfart I had 100m before the end of the power stage when I went straight down an escape road.
Tbf that section has you going straight on in one of the earlier stages, I do kinda like how they use that village bit differently in various stages though yeah having to remember each is difficult

Back