GT6 Drag race "Sleepers"???

But (.70 x 410) + 410 is just under 700 horsepower total, so how are you getting 750? And at 70% with our calculations, would put your Taurus right around 590 horsepower. Try running an SRT4 or Eclipse and see if it runs close to it, because I'm thinking that is what it will do.
750 was a number I threw out there as a ballpark figure when I had the car I wantto say I kept up with one of Andrews 700+ Hp cars until I shifted due to gear lag

After doing more testing with the RX7, F40, and the ZZ2, I've noticed that using nitrous to add horsepower does pull more than just horsepower alone, even if that nitrous is used to equal out the horsepower difference between the two vehicles. This is because it adds that horsepower for the entire powerband, not just for peak power like it would with regular engine modifications. This results in it out-pulling the non-nitrous car by 1-3 lengths or so. The nitrous is infact adding % = engine power, working even with power limiter, but giving that power from 1,000 RPM until redline, not increasing or decreasing in the powerband.

This means that a car with 300 horsepower and 100% nitrous does indeed get 600 overall horsepower, but also gets a 300 horsepower boost throughout the entire powerband. Same goes for a car with 400 horsepower & 50% nitrous gets 200 horsepower throughout, but whoever has the higher % will win in this situation. This gives a huge advantage to cars that have low under-the-peak curves in power, like the RX7, and also AWD that might otherwise bog on launch without nitrous.

942183_720670611276481_2096196096_n_zpsfaa40c4c.jpg

I seem to remember this was a bit of an animal back in 5, need to redo my gearbox and give it another go. Could possibly be called a sleeper? (Certainly overlooked by most people anyway)

I know a REALLY good sleeper but I'm not going to tell you, I'm just going to let you figure it out over time lol. When you run me in this said car you'll know believe me.

Nissan Stagea Autech thingy would be a good sleeper car. While it is a wagon, it has a RB26 in it. Nobody will notice that it has a great engine until they actually see it outperforming the good-looking cars or they bothered to see the car list. Also, paint it pink for some humiliation.

Nissan Stagea Autech thingy would be a good sleeper car. While it is a wagon, it has a RB26 in it. Nobody will notice that it has a great engine until they actually see it outperforming the good-looking cars or they bothered to see the car list. Also, paint it pink for some humiliation.
Thats what i do on many of my cars but i enjoy a nice biege color with smoothie rims!

BUICK GNX IS A SLEEPER 699 HP On A 50shot of nos keeps up with some pretty higher hp mp cars and tuners

Note, "with NOS" I think the main purpose of this thread is to find sleepers that don't run NOS, I can beat a lot of cars with a Civic on NOS, it's not really that much of a surprise.

Note, "with NOS" I think the main purpose of this thread is to find sleepers that don't run NOS, I can beat a lot of cars with a Civic on NOS, it's not really that much of a surprise.
Any RWD you can beat with a Civic on nitrous, shouldn't be used to drag race in the first place. FF have their own specific rooms for a reason, and it's why their rooms restrict any other drivetrain. That civic might beat an SRT4 without nitrous, but no chance against even the slowest muscle cars.

Any RWD you can beat with a Civic on nitrous, shouldn't be used to drag race in the first place. FF have their own specific rooms for a reason, and it's why their rooms restrict any other drivetrain. That civic might beat an SRT4 without nitrous, but no chance against even the slowest muscle cars.

I may have exaggerated a bit but you get my point lol.

Last edited:
ok but u got to look at the fact of all the other muscles car that have high hp and they down played the buicks in gt6 alot now we all now the buick GNX is by Far The Fastest and Quicks of the older Muscles Car Generation Yes you have your dodge's and your Chevy's and your ford's and everything else muscle car but the buick is and outstanding and well preformed muscle car and it is really underestimated in the game and that's why it deserves to be a sleeper weather its on nos or not Js but i respect your opinion

ok but u got to look at the fact of all the other muscles car that have high hp and they down played the buicks in gt6 alot now we all now the buick GNX is by Far The Fastest and Quicks of the older Muscles Car Generation Yes you have your dodge's and your Chevy's and your ford's and everything else muscle car but the buick is and outstanding and well preformed muscle car and it is really underestimated in the game and that's why it deserves to be a sleeper weather its on nos or not Js but i respect your opinion

Not sure how you have come to the conclusion that Buicks have been down played.
I've raced every old school muscle car in my Special, except an Oldsmobile.
The Special tears them all a fresh one.

So the GNX ain't much chop... Guess one car had to be the slowest of the bunch.

Last edited:
Not sure how you have come to the conclusion that Buicks have been down played.
I've raced every old school muscle car in my Special, except an Oldsmobile.
The Special tears them all a fresh one.

So the GNX ain't much chop... Guess one car had to be the slowest of the bunch.
yeah ik the buick Special does a good job im talking about the gnx though it self loll bro

The C2/C3 Vettes, the IROC/'69/'97/'00 Camaros, and the GNX all got shafted for horsepower. Every one of these cars have the capability to be in the 800s, or at the very least mid to high 7s, but for some reason PD decided not to give them full potential. If the GNX was cranked to 800, it would have almost 1000 ft-lbs of torque, and put it in the range of the Cougar.

The C2/C3 Vettes, the IROC/'69/'97/'00 Camaros, and the GNX all got shafted for horsepower. Every one of these cars have the capability to be in the 800s, or at the very least mid to high 7s, but for some reason PD decided not to give them full potential. If the GNX was cranked to 800, it would have almost 1000 ft-lbs of torque, and put it in the range of the Cougar.
that Would be awsome make it pretty fun to drive and it definatly would not be a sleeper then because with nos my Gnx crosses the line at almost at one 164

If someone still reads this,

try the subaru legacy, fully tuned, no nitro and tuned with the subaru impreza drag tune you can find on gtplanet with the advanced tune finder.

Gears are not perfect for the car and need some tuning but it gets you easily in the 10's on indy.
with nitro you might win something (but use it to have a close race, its more fun to win that way) I didn't try that because i didn't have the money :scared:

so with not much time to play gt6, low money and gears that need tuning it's a project for me which if fun

2002 Audi RS6 has been one of my favorites since GT5. Still surprising people with that in GT6. I had mine running high 9.5's in GT5, not sure what it does in GT6. A few other fun ones are the 2002 Mitsubishi AIRTREK Turbo-R and Nissan Stagea 260RS . I've also surprised a few people with my SVT Lightning, on road coarses not drag races.

2002 Audi RS6 has been one of my favorites since GT5. Still surprising people with that in GT6. I had mine running high 9.5's in GT5, not sure what it does in GT6. A few other fun ones are the 2002 Mitsubishi AIRTREK Turbo-R and Nissan Stagea 260RS . I've also surprised a few people with my SVT Lightning, on road coarses not drag races.

Yeah, the Lightning has been greatly improved in gt6, it can take down a Chevelle in a drag race with a slight tree. It's one of my favourite vehicles to run.

You sir are not lying! I tell all my friends who just got married or going to get married to follow this one simple rule. Nothing worse then an upset nagging wife lol.
Apologies gents, game froze on me last night before I could squeeze in a few runs with ya's.

I'll try again soon.

Danny still kicking JD? Ain't seen him in a room for a while?

Back