GTPlanet Race Series.

• Thread starter GVX
  • 97 comments
I have a version of a race format that I would like to submit, to tired right now,will post a little later.,hopefully on the late 20nth ,for some of u it's already the 21st,sry

dan .Thanks ,I was thinkin along the same lines as you are as to set-ups & tips , let,s see if we can't open a can of whip-ass:D

I am glad my ideas are going over well, but I think the answer to the poll question is obvious; you lap for x amount of laps and send in the best time.

Remember that Jordan will have the final say in this series which is proposed as an official representative series to GTPlanet.

Cars, distance, schedule are up to him and any other people he has given authority to.

My main concern is with limiting the modifications so people can't do some of those tricks that give them ridiculously fast times but twitchy handling. Some can't cope with it.

Gearing is the main concern I have at the moment. I currently think that it would be a good idea to have the percentage aspect applied to the autoset and that individual gears must be left alone but the final drive ratio can be changed, but under the percentage rule.

Numbers would be rounded up or down. If, for example, the fd was 4.56776767 the number will be 4.568, if it is 3.900009876788 the number will be 3.9. Simple. Suspension will work similar.

I am happy to anounce that i have a partner.

His name is

MR. PERSISTANCE!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Talentless
I am glad my ideas are going over well, but I think the answer to the poll question is obvious; you lap for x amount of laps and send in the best time.

Remember that Jordan will have the final say in this series which is proposed as an official representative series to GTPlanet.

Cars, distance, schedule are up to him and any other people he has given authority to.

My main concern is with limiting the modifications so people can't do some of those tricks that give them ridiculously fast times but twitchy handling. Some can't cope with it.

Gearing is the main concern I have at the moment. I currently think that it would be a good idea to have the percentage aspect applied to the autoset and that individual gears must be left alone but the final drive ratio can be changed, but under the percentage rule.

Numbers would be rounded up or down. If, for example, the fd was 4.56776767 the number will be 4.568, if it is 3.900009876788 the number will be 3.9. Simple. Suspension will work similar.
Talentless, as always, you are on top of everything. :) I'd love for this to be the official GTP Race Series, but I don't think I would be able to keep it well organized and running smoothly. Would you like to take charge?

I've had the worst luck with gt2 and am taking a break, but I will run this.

I will need a list of the courses from the games and their distances.

I will set up a new e-mail account for that and times and questions, as well as suggestions, later.

Great! I will establish a new forum for the series, which should make things a little easier for you to manage. :)

Congrats Talentless on being moderator of "The Official GTPlanet Race Series" forum. I really hope we use your ideas 4 this race series.

Still looking for a partner to race with, PM me if you are interested. I know im slower than crap, but i might be able to contribute with tuning.

Talentless ,ty for accepting this task , A sharp minded individual who has the time will definately be needed to keep every1 on the same page .

My suggestions ,and I'm just trying to keep things as simple but challenging as possible ,& considering both games GT2 & GT3. //Have 3 classes, A/B/and C. All races ran in the race forum, difficulty hard, game options settings /laps 25/ tire wear fast/ car damage on/ slow car boost fast. 2 persons per team, each driver of team races 25 laps each in the same race (total 50 laps). Qualifying times shall be ran in the same paremeters as stated above (except) that the lap counter is reduced to 5 laps, both drivers of a team must participate in qualifying , the best lap of each shall be totalled together.///A class= Unlimited, ( hybrid & rally cars excluded). That was easy:) B-Class = Non R type cars only. HP not to exceed 500 hp/ Equipped parts not to exceed Semi Raceing where applicable/Tires ,Sports only./Weight reduction limit will be stage 2/ No "For Professionals" mods allowed./C-Class=

C-class = Non R type cars only./HP not to exceed 350 hp./Equipped parts not to exceed sports only./No "For Professionals" ,mods allowed./Weight reduction limit will be stage 1./ Sports tires only ./ Drivetrain sports./Brake normal./Clutch single ./Turbo stage 1

Most raceing cirquits use a point system, I don't really know how this would work out but let's see what u all think. Qaulifying 1st =10 PTs//2nd= 5PTs//3rd=3PTs,,,,Race position, 1st place 20 pts,//2nd pl 15 pts,//3rd 10pts,//4th 5 pts . Teams may race in all 3 classes (but they have to race in a car from the same manufacturer, different models is ok ,just same manufacturer like Toyota,or Nissan. A short season may be a good idea ,lets say 5 race courses to see how this series works out & and rub out the bumps ,we,re bound to run into some unforeseen problems and we make the corrections necessary for a smoother series next time :)

Sry to be so long winded about this . Last of all ,(I hope ) .Is the need to select the tracks we are gonna race at . The best solution I can think of that is fair as any is to call upon THE MAIN MAN JORDAN ,whose efforts are so greatly appreciated by all wishing to participate in this challenge , to draw 5 out of the 23 courses on GT2 out of a hat .Well ,it took me awhile but :) I'm finally done . ,,,Talentless ,and other participants ,pls review these suggestions & tell me what you all think ,ty

Oh, I forgot sry, But once the tracks have been decided ,the teams will need some time to prepare.So dates must be set for each event and enough time between events for the teams to prepare and to also somehow find time in our daily busy schedule . Posting of times should be strictly specific . as in (no later than such and such a time & date .

I will decide on this in due time.

I still need a list of all courses, from all three games, and the lengths of each.

I also need a full list of what can be adjusted in GT3.

I am sticking with a progressive points system because of simplicity.

I may incorporate some of your ideas, Cerbera, but probably not the slow car boost and fast tire wear.

Horsepower limits do not take into account weight, so an hp cap does not really balance.

the weight i picked was 2750 lbs. which i then matched up with a horsepower rating not far from the hp of similar counterparts in the real world. 2750 * O.25 = 687.5. Of course these wgts. and numbers are just the basis of the pws.

Anyway, please send me the requested data and I will shortly get started on everything.

Times will be by e-mail only and not announced until after deadlines have passed.

Oh, and I need a full car list from all games.

ty to all for any assistance.

i will set up individual e-mail folders for each series, so e-mail sent must have a specified subject. Questions can be sent with any subject so it will go to my inbox, but please include something that will help me recognize that it has to do with the series or i might think it is spam mail.

I was ready to set up one folder but MSN loves to prove their incompetence. I'll let all know when it is ready.

you may want to verify the accuracy of the course lengths for gt3, Jordan. I have known for some time what the length of Laguna Seca is and even checked the official site for the course and the distance in that list is wrong.

Back