GTPlanet Race Series.

• Thread starter GVX
  • 97 comments
Originally posted by Talentless
you may want to verify the accuracy of the course lengths for gt3, Jordan. I have known for some time what the length of Laguna Seca is and even checked the official site for the course and the distance in that list is wrong.
I got the list from IGN, so I doubt there will be any other way to verify the lengths. Does it mention them anywhere in the game? :confused:

Although there is much to be done, some can start now.

Teammates, limit of 4, can begin registering now.

Either choose early and select teammates, register as a captain.
If you register as a captain and list teammates I expect an e-mail from them, verifying it.

There is also the option of waiting for the driver assessment trials to begin. Here you still sign up as a captain but wait for the results of the other drivers. It is a first come first served basis. Team capt. are not required to perform the driver assessment and may choose the car they run, as well as whether they will be an independent team or a manufacturer entry. They also get to choose the team's name.

the deadline starts from now until 24 hours from now. Entries later than 5 minutes after the deadline will be deleted. Keep messages short. Time of start will officially be 6 pm eastern US time

Put "GTP Race Teams" in your subject heading and send here

cancellations and resubmissions within that time frame will be excepted.

Please send inquiries as well.

Notes:

this is merely for official teams and does not mean that others may not enter an upcoming race.

if a driver cannot perform and you choose another, non-official team member to temporarily replace him, only team points will be counted. Other drivers may not perform double duty in the same race. Withdraw the racer or appoint a stand in.

how do i make that into an announcement?
Click on the drop-down box next to "Admin Options:" and select "Stick/Unstick Thread". :)

Talentless, i do not quite understand the registration process. Could u PM me when u get this and explain to me exactly what is happening? I am in Dire Straits over here, all this frantic car races (board vs. board) and this on, i get soo confused, so if u would plz help to explain it better to me.

And if u wanna email me its: matthnt@hotmail.com

I want this done by e-mail because I do not know how much space pm can hold. I do not even plan on replying to any e-mails relating to this series with an e-mail. I will also keep any comments, such as a suspicion of cheating by another member, private, but I will announce in this forum that the suspension exists. The advantage with e-mail is that it is way harder for an individual to change a sent mail, if even possible, and I can filter the entries to go to specific folders instead of trying to organize personal messages, which only allow three folders to be created, and browsing the board. I am hoping that MSN will have their act together and allow me to create the folders I need to keep things going smoothly. I will archive results.

The registration process is being finalized and will be formally announced in the next few days.

Guys, Ive got a good idea. We all put in the tracks which we actually like into this forum, and then we won't have to race a track we don't actually like. (GT2 tracks)

We should give this some time.... say a week from now. By the end of next Tuesday. This OK Talentless...?

I'll start:
Laguna Seca
Grand Valley
SS Route 5 (both ways)
Apricot Hill
Rome Night
Grand Valley East II (Rev.)
Clubman Route 5 II (Rev.)
Trial Mountain II (Rev.)

I think that's it.

Oh, I might be tempted to dig out GT1 for SS Route 11 (both ways). That track rules.:D

I have much of the schedule planed but the courses are still undecided, so maybe.;)

I am interested in joining a team, could someone point me in the right direction... GT2 or GT3 doesn't matter :D Thanx!!!

Guys, the idea sounds cool but im not up on how youre running it, is this done on the net or is everyone actually meeting up and are you running one for gt3?:D :D

Originally posted by Manix
Guys, the idea sounds cool but im not up on how youre running it, is this done on the net or is everyone actually meeting up and are you running one for gt3?:D :D

We're joining teams (not meeting up-eg, ZC is American and Im British) and then sending our times to Talentless. No meeting up involved.

Yeah it would be kinda hard 4 either of us to cross the Atlantic just so we could exchange setups!

cool, but is it just for gt2? Im afraid Im hooked on gt3 now. By the way was the rumour true that you couldnt complete gt2, because I did to my surprise, 100%.

It is impossible to get 100% on GT2, the last i think 2.7% was drag racing but they took that out at the last minute!

Originally posted by ZeroCool85
It is impossible to get 100% on GT2, the last i think 2.7% was drag racing but they took that out at the last minute!

Sony fixed the bug with later releases, and offered to switch the sim discs with those that had the bad ones (all of us that bought early)
The greatest hits version should be the fixed one.

I am working on a less complicated version, as far as racing rules go, and will announce when it is done. Also, I have decided to design it for gt2 only, sorry to any which may be disappointed.

I am working on a less complicated version, as far as racing rules go, and will announce when it is done. Also, I have decided to design it for gt2 only, sorry to any which may be disappointed.

Cool:D

Well, this all sounds pretty wicked. I'm gonna love it when GT4 comes about. Anyhow, a little query, who has the best Total Time for the Super Speedway 150? Mine was 54:43 in a Suzuki Escudo.

Originally posted by Rossell
Well, this all sounds pretty wicked. I'm gonna love it when GT4 comes about. Anyhow, a little query, who has the best Total Time for the Super Speedway 150? Mine was 54:43 in a Suzuki Escudo.

Mine was 46:23.103 in the Escudo, great time Rossell!

Back