[RACE] Fun Runs RELOADED! - So Long, & Good Night~!

How Long Do We Run on GT6?

• End it now

• Run a few more

• Run regularly for a while

• Run as much as we can until GT Sport

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'll be in shortly, my internet has been really 🤬 this week so let's see how long I can stay connected.

Some random Milestones:

-Raced through a daylight savings time change.
-Achieved 2 ties, one later determined a winner, the other still is up for debate.
-Resulted in a spinoff series (which spun off and into the barriers)
-Touched every discipline. From NASCAR to F1, Drift to Drag, and from Banger to Karting. Even Sprint Car Racing and "MX v ATV" to the best of our ability.
-Only forced to ban one member.
-The Final day of racing saw one of longest times we had 10+ people, almost over 5 hours of 10 people consistently in the lobby. One of the only times that time was reached was during the IROC 250.
-One of our memebers returned from a real life NDE and proceeded to win multiple times in her own tribute lobby.
-The Great and Mighty Jordan Greer has joined one of our lobbies (and promptly Disconnected)
-Entered a rain delay in which saw a driver physically go to a McDonalds and then come back in time to finish the race.
-We have established a racing family that I would not want to give up for anything.

It wasn't really until I was cruisng around the track for the last time did it dawn on me what all we have really accomplished. We attempted to bring every concieveable discipline of motorsports to GT, and to our series. That we did, and all the while, we established a massive group of friends and met some incredibly fast strangers. But, naturally as "Helena" blasted in my ears, it was bittersweet to know that that final half of a lap was it. I just want to thank from the bottom of my heart anyone who even took the time to look at the thread. It means a lot to me to see all of the support. And with that, we wrap up the first Book of Fun Runs. Expect some pics in a week or two. Some brilliant driving from all of our races. :cheers:

Was great fun last night and reminded me that racing online here is still fun. Had some really great battles on track even if some ended in wrecks.

I'm sure we'll cross paths again in the future when I go my separate way. I don't know where and I don't know which sim game, but we will race again on PS4.

Even though I was not able to join the grand finale, I want to say a few things before the lid officially gets closed. Thank you very much Nas for what you have created as it has brought many smiles to the faces of plenty of people. From times where we did light-hearted things like car soccer to serious racing events like the IROC 250, this club had it all. Even with all the struggles the club has been through, we stayed true to the name, "Fun Runs." Racing with guys and gals is definitely one of the staples of my GT6 career. Thank you everyone for the fun times and hopefully we'll meet again.

Most of he have been here since the ghetto GTA days, we've had new people show up and they made it even more fun. We've had inside jokes that if we we're to say them on public we'd get looked at sideways. :lol: It's crazy how connected you can get with a small group of people in an online community. For those nights that I did that come, those nights made me laugh miraculously. We would roast each other, go over competitive, and even go into a full racing type simulation. I don't know when or even if I'll buy a PS4, but if I do it'll probably be to join you guys.So far now, get good in that thing called Real Life. We shall meet again.

Ever since I joined last summer, this has been my best reason to play GT6. I have met some of the fastest, funniest, and most kind-hearted people during this time. I even ended up joining an INBD race out of nowhere, even though I wasn't part of their club. Thank you @nascarfan1400 for giving me the opportunity to have some of my best moments with you guys, and I hope to maybe cross paths with you again :cheers:

Last edited:
I also want to share some words. Me and Fun Runs have a bit of a love hate relationship. There were times where I loved being there, and there were other times where I wanted to avoid it like the plague. But I owe everyone that ever raced here a huge thank you. You guys rallied behind me during some really dark moments in my life in the past two years, and I've never felt more supported and encouraged than when I had come home from those moments. And I use home literally because this place was like a virtual home for quite a while. If I wasn't doing anything VRR related or INBD related, you could often find me here. I nagged and bitched a lot, but I also had a lot of fun and none of that would happen without you guys. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I'll see you at the finish line.

I haven't been online actively this year on GTP due to real life duties (work, college) so I missed most of Fun Runs action in 2016, including the Grand Finale, so I want to share my words.

We started racing before Fun Runs actually, on GTA Online. We had great races (@AJHG1000 hitting me from a cliff, throwing me off the track. Later that lap I recovered and won by .003!) and horrible races plagued by the instability of Rockstar servers made @nascarfan1400 have this great idea. Call it Fun Runs and bring it to GT6. I never had so much fun on Gran Turismo than with you guys. I'm glad to say to this day that I'm the 1st winner and the 1st back to back winner of Fun Runs (GT300 BR-Z @ Apricot Hill), I joined races on the same day I moved apartments last year, I went drunk 1-2 with Mad Max on a number of races in a row on a certain night and other numerous other fun nights with you all, we had debatable arguments (:lol: :lol: :lol:) with sure thing bosses and my accent pissing off some people ahaha
Fun Runs also was my last serious championship on GT6 with the Hardcore Miata Cup where I believe I won between 4-6 races (including the Nordschleife at the dark), had a comeback after being 4 months out of racing because I was dumb enough to throw my controller at the ground because of F1 14 :lol: (wouldn't do it again of course... maybe).
Met great people in here like @Formidable, @vetteman24, @Angel, @GranTurismo916 while was able to race again with some rivals I could say (looking at you @nascarfan1400) and my GT5 cruising uncle @Ameer67 .
All in all, Fun Runs will always be in my mind as my best time in online racing, as the most fun I ever had racing online (no one will ever make me stay up until 7AM like you guys did again :lol:) and the greatest time I had with people I might not meet ever in my lifetime.
We will meet again in the next platform of racing guys, I might not be active as I was because of my carrer (I'm on the Mechanical Engineering course for a reason, not for fun :lol:) but we will race again.

For now ladies and gentleman, until we meet again. It was a pleasure kicking y'all butt. ;) :D

NSFW WARNING!!:

After Months of work and waiting - it is finally here. The most anticipated, the most exciting, the best, the last: Best Moments -

1 nascarfan1400 / @nascarfan1400
2 GTP_CowboyAce57 / @Cowboy
3 The_Noir_Antares / @Antares26
4 UltimoWolf / @TS040
5 bigtexlpfan97 / @Tex
6 GTP_Cimarron / @AJHG1000
7 That_sneaky_azn/ @Grandea GTR and/or @Switcher
8 theformidablelog/ @Formidable
9 GTP_GT916 / @GranTurismo916 (Skype confirmed)
10 GTP_hilajj / @Shahar
11 Dcrimnal / @DcrRaikkonen (Skype Confirmed)
12 GTP_Ph1sher / @Ph1sher
13 coolkiwi12 / @RedDragon °
14 Street-King07 / @AudiMan2011 °
15 sparkytooth50001 / @sparkytooth °
16 trobes29 / @trobes29
*17 SonicCharmeleon / @SonicCharmeleon
*18 Smurfybug / @Smurfybug
*19 GTP_Bambi / @Whitetail ° (Skype Confirmed)
*20 Subie_SVX / @SVX
*21 GTP_GTRacer22/ @GTRacer22 °
*22 GTP_Haruhi / @Suzumiya (Discord Confirmed)

I remember the first time I joined Fun Runs. We were at Red Bull Ring and I took a wide turn. Then Bambi was like WHO WAS THAT!?! Nas was like that's Smurfybug, Bambi said well watch it Smurfybug :lol: Best intro ever :P

A fantastic end to a great club. See you all in the new gen, whichever game that may be.
i8QsBL.gif

Last edited:
RIP.

fun times, I remember when I won first at SSRX, it was great guys, especially the discord server, which still exists. I'll post it here if you wanna use it.

Back